- West Linn Tidings - News
Information for the public safety column comes from public records of the West Linn Police Department.
Police recently filed reports on the following incidents:
· 2/20, 10:12 a.m.; Forrist T. Lytehaause, 53, 2028 Marylwood Court, arrested at home for the alleged theft of two notebook computers, identity theft and fraudulent use of a credit card. He was lodged in the Clackamas County Jail on $45,000 bail.
· 2/20, 6:07 p.m.; Susan J. Becker, 50, 2111 Sunset Ave., No. 7: arrested in the 2000 block of Hillcrest Drive on a Clackamas County warrant for a probation officer's detainer for driving while intoxicated. She was lodged in the Clackamas County Jail without bail.
· 2/23, 1:46 a.m.; Kyle E. Coan, 21, Milwaukie: arrested near Dillow and Willamette drives on a Clackamas County detainer for possession of less than an ounce of a controlled substance and minor in possession of alcohol.
He was lodged in the Clackamas County Jail without bail.
· 2/25, 9:32 p.m.; Jesse D. Pierce, 20, 5568 First Court: arrested at home on a Clackamas County warrant for failure to appear for criminal trespass. He was lodged in the Clackamas County Jail on $7,500 bail.
· 2/20, 6:07 p.m.; Karen L. Watterberg, 49, Molalla: arrested in the 2000 block of Hillcrest Drive on suspicion of driving while intoxicated. She was transported to the Clackamas County Jail where she was cited and released.
· 2/22, 11:21 p.m.; Mike Barnell, 34, 1660 April Court: arrested near 16th Street and April Court on suspicion of driving while intoxicated. He was transported to the Clackamas County Jail where he was cited and released.
TICKET BUT NO JAIL
· 2/22, 9:30 p.m.; Russell J. Sewell, 19, 18747 Rose Way, was cited and released near Holly Street and Willamette Drive for possession of less than an ounce of a controlled substance, marijuana, and minor in possession of alcohol.
· 2/24, 9:38 p.m.; Gregory S. Bowman, 50, Beaverton, was cited and released near Burns Street and Willamette Drive for driving while suspended - misdemeanor.
· 2/26, 7:28 p.m.; Timothy Forrest Edward Prothe II, 21, Milwaukie, was cited and released on northbound I-205 at 10th Street for driving while suspended - misdemeanor.
· 2/21, 2:55 p.m.; A man living in the 19000 block of Bellevue Way reported that at 1 p.m. the previous day someone entered his attached garage and took a couple of saws valued at nearly $1,000. Suspect information was given to police, who are conducting an investigation.
· 2/23, 2:34 p.m.; A man with a house under construction in the 6600 block of Apollo Road reported that between 4 p.m. and 5 p.m. the previous day someone entered his attached garage and took a number of items including BB guns as well as a TV and computer. Police are conducting an investigation.
THIEVES IN ACTION
· 2/20, 9:35 p.m.; A woman living in the 1800 block of Sixth Avenue reported that her son broke into her home today, and when she returned she told him to leave. Then, she said, he took the car without permission. Almost exactly two days later, the car was located and returned to the woman.
· 2/22, 2:34 p.m.; A 14-year-old student at West Linn High School reported that a $200 iPod had been stolen Feb. 20.
· 2/22, 3:14 p.m.; The manager of a business in the 2100 block of Eighth Court reported that a 20-something man had just left the business without paying for merchandise. Police were unable to locate the man or his vehicle. The next morning, the manager called back to say that the man had just come in to pay the bill.
· 2/26, 8:24 a.m.; Missing overnight from a vehicle in the 21000 block of Salamo Road was a stereo and subwoofers. The passenger-side window was broken, but the owner could not provide any suspect information.
· 2/26, 12:05 p.m.; A man living in the 22000 block of West Bluff Drive reported the overnight theft from his vehicle of a stereo. The passenger-side window was broken.
· 2/26, 2:54 p.m.; A woman living in the 4900 block of Summit Street reported the theft, between Feb. 10 and Feb. 24, of an $1,100 flat screen monitor.
· 2/21, 3:10 a.m.; Damage that happened in the past couple of days was reported to a vehicle in the 2200 block of Fifth Avenue after an encounter with a wheelbarrow.
· 2/22, 5:27 p.m.; An employee of a business in the 21000 block of Salamo Road reported more than two-dozen juveniles outside the business and bothering customers. An officer dispersed the youths.
· 2/24, 5:27 p.m.; A resident living near Bridgeview and Evergreen drives reported that some kids have built a skateboard ramp in the middle of the street. An officer made the youths remove the ramp from the street. But the officer was called back the next day to force the kids again to remove the ramp from the street.
· 2/26, 5:12 p.m.; A resident of the 3200 block of Journey reported juveniles skating in the fountain area of Tanner Creek Park. The trio of youthful offenders was warned and the tables also were removed from the fountain.
THEY'RE ALL ANIMALS
· 2/26, 10:04 a.m.; A woman who runs past the 23000 block of Johnson Road told police that two dogs, a pit bull and a black Labrador, have charged at her when she ran past a specific location. Since no one was at home, an officer left a warning at the home.
LIFE IN WEST LINN
· 2/20, 8:17 a.m.; A woman living in the 1100 block of Blankenship Road reported that when she came home the previous evening a vehicle was parked in her driveway with the engine running. The driver asked her if a family member's car was for sale. She asked police for extra patrols.
· 2/20, 5:12 p.m.; A woman living in the 19000 block of Wildwood Drive reported receiving harassing telephone calls from a man named John. An officer, acting as mediator, extracted an agreement from both parties not to call each other anymore.
· 2/21, 1:06 a.m.; An employee of a business in the 2100 block of Eighth Court reported that three people just left the business without paying for merchandise. Three minutes later, police were informed that the trio had returned to pay the bill after going to the car to get their wallets.
· 2/22, 2:15 p.m.; A woman living in the 3900 block of Elmran Drive reported that when she came home she discovered her garage door open and other doors unlocked. An officer, however, could not find evidence of anyone entering the home.
· 2/22, 8:38 p.m.; A woman living in the 3400 block of Walling Way reported that she heard her doorbell ring, but found no one at the door. Police were not able to locate anyone in the neighborhood.
· 2/22, 11:20 p.m.; A woman living in the 4100 block of Imperial Drive reported that she heard her doorbell ring and when she looked there was a small fire on her porch. There was little damage, and police were not able to locate anyone in the neighborhood.
· 2/23, 3:57 p.m.; A woman living in the 19000 block of Nixon Avenue reported that three college-age people in a sedan just offered a ride to a couple of pre-teen children and then raced away toward the boat ramp.
· 2/24, 6:30 p.m.; A resident of the 1200 block of Stonehaven Court reported that there was a dispute ongoing in the home and the man of the house was throwing things around inside the home. Police achieved agreement among the parties that they would stay in separate areas of the home that night.
· 2/24, 6:30 p.m.; A manager of apartments in the 400 block of Summerlinn Drive reported that a former tenant had been gone for about 30 days, and she had found what appeared to be drugs hidden in a light fixture. Police seized the bag for analysis.