- Lake Oswego Review - News
THURSDAY, MARCH 27
· MARYLHURST TOASTMASTERS - 6:30 to 8 p.m., Marylhurst University Marian Hall. Information call Nathan Pylate 503-984-6445.
· MAC USERS GROUP - 12:30 p.m., Lake Oswego Adult Community Center.
· FICTION ALLSORTS: SHORT STORY DISCUSSION GROUP - 10:30 a.m., Lake Oswego Library, Upstairs Conference Room. Librarian selects and reads a short story followed by discussion. Open to all.
· CLACKAMAS COUNTY NETWORKING AND INFORMATION - 7:30 to 9 a.m., Pioneer Community Center, 615 Fifth St., Oregon City. Opportunities for Volunteering: the Volunteer Connection. Plus, new to the community, The Canby Center, The Father's Heart Ministry and the Children's Clothing Closet.
· WEST LINN LIBRARY COMPUTER BASICS - 6:15 p.m., West Linn Library computer lab.
FRIDAY, MARCH 28
· BREAKFAST AT 'THE TABLE' - 6 to 8 a.m., Willamette Christian Church, 2015 8th Ave., West Linn. Serving the needs of the community; free and open to everybody. Donations accepted by Anne Rowell at 503-651-3840.
· WALLMASTERS TOASTMASTERS - 6:45 a.m., TOC Management Services, 6825 SW Sandburg Rd., Tigard. Contact Megan 503-550-6572 or www.wallmasters.org.
· JOB FINDERS SUPPORT GROUP - 12 - 2:00 p.m., Capitol Hill Library, 10723 SW Capitol Highway, Portland. Free and open to the public. Contact: 503-684-3581.
· LEAGUE OF WOMEN VOTERS OF CLACKAMAS COUNTY - Lunch and learn. From 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., Szechuan Kitchen, 15450 Boones Ferry Rd., Lake Oswego. Speaker on Women's issues. Lunch $12.
SATURDAY, MARCH 29
· GRAND OPENING TUALATIN RIVER NATIONAL WILDLIFE REFUGE - All-day event located on 99W between Tigard and Sherwood. Tours, walks, etc. For information visit fws.gov/tualatinriver/specialevents.
SUNDAY, MARCH 30
· FUTURE STARS COMMUNICATION AND LEADERSHIP CLUB - 5 to 6:15 p.m., Cascade Summit Apartments Clubhouse, 22100 Horizon Dr., West Linn. Based on Toastmasters model. Open to all middle school and high school students, contact Cathey Armillas at 503-453-7785.
MONDAY, MARCH 31
· LOACC-CLC USERS GROUP - 9:30 a.m. Question and answer day with Dr. Mark and hosted by Bob Guyan and Wally Helm.
TUESDAY, APRIL 1
· SCRABBLE CLUB - 6:45 p.m., Lakewood Center for the Arts. Club meets weekly. Contact Ruth Hamilton 503-675-7663.
· DIABETES SUPPORT GROUP - Noon to 1:30 p.m., Willamette Falls Hospital Community Health Education Center, 519 15th St., Oregon City. Call Nancy or Jodi at 503-650-6822.
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 2
· WIDOWED GROUP - 10 to 11:30 a.m., Lake Oswego Adult Community Center.
· CASA OF CLACKAMAS COUNTY CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS - Court Appointed Special Advocates speak for abused and neglected children in the juvenile court system. Training is provided. Information session on first Wednesday of every month from 6 to 7 p.m. at 1001 SW Mollalla Ave., Suite 203, Oregon City. For more information call 503-723-0521.
· TANNER BASIN NEIGBORHOOD ASSOCIATION - 7 p.m., West Linn City Hall.
· FIRST ADDITION NEIGHBORS COORDINATING COMMITTEE - 7 p.m., Lake Oswego Adult Community Center.
· FIRST WEDNESDAY AT THE HERITAGE HOUSE - 7 p.m., Oswego Heritage House, 398 10th St. Local history topics range from antiques to Lake Oswego's iron era.
THURSDAY, APRIL 3
· LAKE FOREST NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION GENERAL and BOARD MEETINGS - 6:00 p.m. board meeting, 7:00 p.m., general meeting, River Grove Elementary School, 5850 McEwan Rd., Lake Oswego.
· NEWCOMERS WELCOME CLUB MEET AND GREET - If you are a newcomer, have had a lifestyle change or are looking for a friendly social organization contact Noelle McEwan at 503-495-3841 or visit www.NewcomersWelcomeClub.org.
Send news of your event to What's Happening, Review/Tidings, P.O. Box 548, Lake Oswego, Ore. 97034. Deadline for submissions is noon Friday before the next publication date.