Information for the public safety column comes from public records of the West Linn Police Department.
Police recently filed reports on the following incidents:
· 3/13, 6:03 p.m.; Kevin G. Wible, 40, 20249 Hoodview Ave., arrested in the 20000 block of Hoodview Avenue for theft in the first degree. He was lodged in the Clackamas County Jail on $15,000 bail.
· 3/16, 1:10 a.m.; Luis Alberto Mendez-Triano, 42, Salem: arrested on southbound I-205 at 10th Street on four Marion County failure-to-appear warrants for assault and three counts of driving while intoxicated.
He also was charged with violating a restraining order and giving false information to an officer. He was lodged in the Clackamas County Jail without bail.
· 3/15, 4:12 a.m.; Catherine A. Franklin Robinson, 40, Roseburg: arrested near White Tail and Willamette drives on suspicion of driving while intoxicated. She was transported to the Clackamas County Jail where she was cited and released.
· 3/15, 8:59 p.m.; Patricia M. Gibson, 21, Milwaukie: arrested near Hidden Springs Road and Willamette Drive on suspicion of driving while intoxicated. She was transported to the Clackamas County Jail where she was cited and released.
· 3/18, 2:43 a.m.; Jake W. Martinez, 33, Tigard: arrested near Britton and Dollar streets on suspicion of driving while intoxicated. He was transported to the Clackamas County Jail where he was cited and released.
· 3/18, 3:21 a.m.; Shannon R. Sparwasser, 38, 2020 Virginia Lane: arrested near Britton and Dollar streets on suspicion of driving while intoxicated.
She was transported to the Clackamas County Jail where she was cited and released.
TICKET BUT NO JAIL
· 3/12, 2:10 p.m.; William R. Rose, 33, Portland, was cited and released on southbound I-205 near 10th Street for reckless driving.
· 3/16, 11:16 p.m.; Marina L. Meza Mendoza, 29, Gladstone, was cited and released on I-205 near McLoughlin Blvd. for driving while suspended - misdemeanor.
· 3/18, 6:51 p.m.; A 16-year-old boy was cited and released in the 1700 block of Blankenship Road after shooting a pellet gun out of a door and aiming at nearby apartments.
The youth was charged with discharging a firearm in the city limits.
· 3/19, 3:11 a.m.; Scott A. Xavier, 20, Portland, was cited and released on northbound I-205 near the viewpoint for minor in possession of alcohol by consumption.
· 3/19, 3:11 a.m.; Ashley T. Manion, 20, Clackamas, was cited and released on northbound I-205 near the viewpoint for minor in possession of alcohol by consumption.
THIEVES IN ACTION
· 3/13, 8:36 a.m.; A student at West Linn High School reported the theft from his locker of a wallet that contained personal identification, cash and a gift card.
· 3/14, 9:01 a.m.; The theft of a data projector with a value of $1,100 was reported at West Linn High School.
· 3/17, 2:31 p.m.; A man living in the 1700 block of Blankenship Road reported that a jet ski that was stolen from him two years ago has appeared on Craigslist.
The man was advised to report to the Portland Police Bureau, since that was where the original report was filed.
· 3/15, 7:06 a.m.; A man living in the 2600 block of Lancaster Street reported a vehicle's front window smashed overnight, with additional damage to the hood.
· 3/17, 7:50 a.m.; A woman living in the 4200 block of Imperial Drive reported a vehicle's front tires were flattened overnight.
· 3/16, 12:37 a.m.; Three juveniles were discovered in the 1300 block of Dollar Street by an officer on patrol. The officer transported the youths to their homes.
· 3/17, 4:40 p.m.; A man living in the 6600 block of Summerlinn Way reported seeing several juveniles throwing rocks or sticks from the upper part of Summerlinn Lane. Police were unable to locate the youths.
THEY'RE ALL ANIMALS
· 3/12, 7:40 a.m.; A roaming coyote that appeared to be injured was reported first near Walling Circle and Willamette Drive, then two hours later near Forest Court and Wilderness Drive, but officers were unable to locate the animal after those reports.
However, on a third report four hours later, the animal was seen by a city employee and an officer near Carriage Way and Suncrest Drive. The two reported that the animal moved along until they could not see it anymore.
· 3/13, 3:40 p.m.; An anonymous caller complained about a large dog running at-large in the 4700 block of Bittner Street and scaring the caller's child. An officer cited the owner for having a dog at-large.
· 3/17, 2:35 p.m.; A woman living in the 20000 block of Marigold Court reported that she was bitten by a neighbor's dog two minutes prior to the call. She declined any medical assistance. Minutes later when police arrived, the dog's owner was gone.
The officer promised to follow up with a citation for the owner.
LIFE IN WEST LINN
· 3/17, 8:31 a.m.; A man with a cell phone called from southbound I-205 near 10th Street, reporting a person in a car who may have health problems - possibly a heart attack.
Paramedics and police rushed to the car and discovered the man was just resting.
· 3/17, 3:27 p.m.; A man living in the 5700 block of Skyline Drive reported that he has been receiving harassing telephone calls from a man who says he owes him $15.
Acting as an intermediary, the officer called the man who had asked for money and demanded that he call the officer directly.
· 3/17, 6:46 p.m.; A man living in the 4200 block of Imperial Drive reported that a neighbor whose vehicle was the victim of vandalism the previous night was making threats to all of the kids who live in the area that they will be fingerprinted.
Police assured the man that their kids will not be fingerprinted unless they are arrested.
6A BOYS SOCCER
Mount Hood Conference