City to review residential zoning at meetings
The city of Gresham is kicking off its effort to review residential zoning with public meetings in April.
These meetings on the Residential Districts Review project give the public an opportunity to comment on housing issues and weigh in on three questions:
1. What locations are appropriate for low-density and higher-density residential development?
2. How can new development best 'fit in' with existing neighborhoods?
3. How should new, innovative housing types and arrangements be allowed in Gresham?
The project begins this month with research and analysis and public input to better define the issues the project should address. Further public outreach will occur in late spring and early summer as alternatives are developed.
The meetings are as follows:
• 7 p.m., Wednesday, April 2, Powell Valley Elementary School, 4825 S.E. Powell Valley Road.
• 7 p.m., Thursday, April 3, Portland Lutheran School, 740 S.E. 182nd Ave.
Information is available at www.ci.gresham.or.us/depart
ments/planningServices/cp/cp_projects.asp. For more information, call Brian Martin at 503-618-2266.