Unfortunately our website is having issues today. We are working diligently to resolve this problem. Please come back later.
THURSDAY, MAY 12
· WEST LINN CHAMBER NETWORKING - 8 to 9 a.m. Lavender Bleu, 1877 Willamette Falls Drive. Enjoy tea, coffee, scones.
· LOS BILINGUES TOASTMASTERS - 6:30 p.m. Tualatin Legacy Meridian Park Hospital Education Center. Practice/improve Spanish and leadership skills. Meets each Thursday. www.losbilingues.com
· OREGON CONNECTIONS ACADEMY INFORMATION SESSION - 6:30 p.m. West End Bldg., 4101 Kruse Way. Info on home-based public education. Info: 800-382-6010 or www.ConnectionsAcademy.com
FRIDAY, MAY 13
· CHAMBER OF COMMERCE NETWORKING EVENT - 7:30 to 9:30 a.m. Bike Gallery, 200 B Ave.
· EVERGREEN NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION GENERAL MEETING - 5:45 p.m. Lake Oswego Adult Community Center, Acorn room.
· 789JAM DANCE PARTY - 7:30 to 10 p.m. Willamette Christian Church, 3153 S. Brandywine Drive, West Linn. For grades 6 through 9. $10 or $8 with 789JAMID. Student ID required for entrance; students must be picked up by an adult in the gym.
SATURDAY, MAY 14
· LAKE GROVE FIRE DISTRICT NO. 57 BOARD OF DIRECTORS MONTHLY MEETING - 9 a.m. 17665 Pilkington Road. Lake Grove Fire District Budget Committee meeting held at same time and place.
· HERITAGE TREE BIKE RIDE - 9 a.m. Lower Millennium Park. Leaves at 10 a.m. sharp.
· SOLV RESTORATION WORK PARTY - 9 a.m. to noon. Mary S. Young Park. Remove English ivy and help restore park. Info: 503-803-0678.
· TUALATIN RIVER BIRD FESTIVAL - Paddle Through the Refuge, 9 a.m. to noon and 1 to 4 p.m. Continues Sunday, May 15, with a photographers paddle from 4 to 7 p.m. Register at www.tualatinriverbirdfest.org
· CHILD SAFETY SEAT CLINIC - 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Lake Oswego main fire station, 300 B Ave. 503-635-0275.
· ANNIVERSARY PARTY FOR SILKWOOD - Open 9 a.m. 220 A Ave. Bracelet making at noon and food and wine at 4 p.m. Informal modeling and door prizes.
· AWAKENING THE DREAMER, CHANGING THE DREAM SYMPOSIUM - 12:30 to 5:30 p.m. New Thought Center for Spiritual Living, 1040 C St. Lake Oswego. $10 donation suggested; no one turned away. Info: Lois, 503-636-0987.
· WALKING HISTORY TOUR - 1 p.m. Luscher Farm. Join LO Park Ranger Ben LaBounty for a tour and history chat. Meet on south side of white barn, held rain or shine. Not stroller or wheelchair accessible. Free. Pre-registration required at www.lakeoswegoparks.org or 503-675-2549.
SUNDAY, MAY 15
· PLANTING YOUR POND WITH AQUATIC PLANTS - 1 p.m. Hughes Water Gardens, 25289 S.W. Stafford Road, Tualatin. Free.
MONDAY, MAY 16
· LOACC COMPUTER USER GROUP - 9 a.m.
· LAKE OSWEGO TOASTMASTERS - 6:30 to 8 p.m., 17377 S.W. Boones Ferry Rd. #200. For information call David Jamieson, 503-310-3495 or visit www.LakeOswegoToastmasters.com
· STAFFORD HAMLET COMMUNITY BOARD MEETING - 7 p.m., Athey Creek Middle School library.
· LAKEWOOD CENTER SPEAKER SERIES - 7 p.m. Lakewood Center for the Arts, 368 S. State St. Tonight's discussion: On Cancer. Bank of Oswego will host wine reception following presentation. Tickets free at Lakewood Center or Adult Community Center, but pick up early to get a seat.
· MCVEY-SOUTH SHORE NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION GENERAL MEETING - 7 p.m. Coffee Nook next to Lamb's Palisades Market, 1377 S.W. McVey Ave. Forum to discuss neighborhood issues. Will elect new board and committee chairs. Nilla Persson, 503-697-8595 or Lilly Logan, 503-697-3060.
· BOLTON NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION MEETING - 7 p.m. Community Room, Bolton Fire Station. Agenda: Dave Prock will discuss proposed expansion of existing water treatment plant in Robinwood Neighborhood; Grant Oakes of WL Safety Advisory Board will help map the neighborhood.
TUESDAY, MAY 17
· LAKE OSWEGO CHAMBER FORGE EVENT - 11:30 a.m. Marylhurst University old library. Making Sustainability Fun While Making Money With Sustainability. Lunch $20. 503-636-3634. www.lake-oswego.com.
· LAKEWOOD CENTER SPEAKER SERIES - 7 p.m. See info from May 16. Tonight's subject: On Orthopedics and Rehabilitation.
· MYTHICAL DEBATES IN CLIMATE CHANGE- 7 to 8:30 p.m. Lake Oswego Library. Author presentation with Daniel Gottlieb.
WEDNESDAY, MAY 18
· STAFFORD ADULT CHOIR - 3:45 to 4:45 p.m. each Wednesday. Stafford Boutique Retirement Community, 1200 Overlook Drive. Adults welcome. Refreshments follow practice. Rita, 503-496-3729.
· BIRDSHILL CPO/NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION ANNUAL MEETING - 6:30 to 9 p.m. Forest Hills School, multipurpose room. Election of officers, 21 resolutions, discussion of annexation and comp plan update.
THURSDAY, MAY 19
· ROSEWOOD NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION/CPO BOARD MEETING - 7 p.m. River Grove School library, 5850 S.W. McEwan.