- Lake Oswego Review - News
THURSDAY, APRIL 3
· MARYLHURST TOASTMASTERS -6:30 to 8 p.m., Marylhurst University Marian Hall. Information call Nathan Pylate 503-984-6445.
· WEST LINN TOURISM STEERING COMMITTEE - 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. at West Linn City Hall. Update the City's Tourism Action Plan (TAP).
· FICTION ALLSORTS: SHORT STORY DISCUSSION GROUP - 10:30 a.m., Lake Oswego Library, Upstairs Conference Room. Librarian selects and reads a short story followed by discussion. Open to all.
· LAKE FOREST NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION GENERAL and BOARD MEETINGS - 6:00 p.m. board meeting, 7:00 p.m., general meeting, River Grove Elementary School, 5850 McEwan Rd., Lake Oswego.
· NEWCOMERS WELCOME CLUB MEET AND GREET - If you are a newcomer, have had a lifestyle change or are looking for a friendly social organization, contact Noelle McEwan at 503-495-3841 or visit www.NewcomersWelcomeClub.
FRIDAY, APRIL 4
· BREAKFAST AT 'THE TABLE' - 6 to 8 a.m., Willamette Christian Church, 2015 8th Ave., West Linn. Serving the needs of the community; free and open to everybody. Donations accepted by Anne Rowell at 503-651-3840.
· WALLMASTERS TOASTMASTERS - 6:45 a.m., TOC Management Services, 6825 SW Sandburg Rd., Tigard. Contact Megan 503-550-6572 or www.wallmasters.org.
· JOB FINDERS SUPPORT GROUP - 12 - 2:00 p.m., Capitol Hill Library, 10723 SW Capitol Highway, Portland. Free and open to the public. Contact: 503-684-3581.
SATURDAY, APRIL 5
· LAKE OSWEGO NEIGHBORHOOD ACTION COALITION - 9:30 a.m. at the Oswego Heritage House, 10th and A Ave. LONAC is open to the community to discus city and neighborhood issues.
· PORTLAND AREA RESTLESS LEGS SYNDROME EDUCATION AND SUPPORT GROUP - 2 p.m. at Good Samaritan Hospital, 1040 22nd Ave., Portland. Speaker Dr. Troy Dreiling of Life Chiropractic Inc. will discuss 'Living with RLS - a Lifestyle Approach.'
· HOLLY HAUL AWAY IN HALLINAN WOODS - 10 a.m. to 12 noon at the Hemlock cul-de-sac. Rain or shine, bring gloves.
· WALUGA LODGE, A.F. AND A.M. STATED COMMUNICATION - 8 a.m. breakfast open to everyone, tiled meeting starts at 9 a.m. at 417 2nd St., Lake Oswego. For information call Master of the Lodge, Mike Gates, 503-657-3683.
SUNDAY, APRIL 6
· FUTURE STARS COMMUNICATION AND LEADERSHIP CLUB - 5 to 6:15 p.m., Cascade Summit Apartments Clubhouse, 22100 Horizon Dr., West Linn. Based on Toastmasters model. Open to all, contact Cathey Armillas at 503-453-7785.
MONDAY, APRIL 7
· LOACC-CLC USERS GROUP - 9:30 a.m. Excel with Richard Stienbgraber.
· HERITAGE TREE CEREMONY - 4 to 5 p.m. at 3060 Glenmorrie Dr. Dedication of the 15th Lake Oswego Heritage Tree (s), two coastal redwoods planted 75 to 80 years ago.
· WEST LINN GARDEN CLUB - 7 p.m. at West Linn Lutheran Church, 20390 Willamette Dr. Speakers are Truls Jensen and Emma Elliott from the Wild Ginger Farm. Rock garden plants, groundcovers and various perennials for sale.
TUESDAY, APRIL 8
· CLACKAMAS HEARING LOSS ASSOCIATION - 4 to 5:30 p.m. Education and support group. Programs are live-captioned.
· PALISADES GARDEN CLUB - For information on time and location, call 503-636-5338.
· STAFFORD TUALATIN CPO MEETING - 7:30 p.m. at Stafford Elementary School, 19875 SW Stafford Rd.
· ROBINWOOD NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION - 7 p.m., Cedaroaks School, West Linn.
· GRUPO DE CHARLAR - 6 to 8 p.m. at West Linn Public Library. Open to Spanish speakers of all skill levels, or Spanish speakers who would like to practice their English.
· WOMEN ENTREPRENEURS OF OREGON - 5:45 to 8:30 p.m., Kell's Irish Restaurant and Pub, 112 SW Second Ave., Portland. 'WEO Women and Achievement: The Real Story' presented by Kathleen Gage, award-winning speaker and author. Cost $25 members/$35 non-members includes dinner. Reservations 503-229-3819 or www.oregonweo.org.
· SCRABBLE CLUB - 6:45 p.m., Lakewood Center for the Arts. Club meets weekly. Contact Ruth Hamilton 503-675-7663.
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 9
· WILLAMETTE WOMEN DEMOCRATS SPEAKERS FORUM - 4 to 6 p.m. at the Oswego Lake Country Club, 20 Iron Mountain Blvd. Candidates for Oregon Secretary of State, Sen. Kate Brown, Sen. Rick Metsger, Sen. Vicki Walker, will discuss topics from election integrity to natural resources. Tickets $12 for members/$14 non-members include light refreshments. Call Patricia Rovainen at 503-656-4445.
· LAKE OSWEGO LIBRARY ADVISORY BOARD - 7 p.m. at the Lake Oswego Library, 706 Fourth St.
· WILLAMETTE NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION - 7 p.m. Willamette Primary School library.
· HOME BASED BUSINESS GROUP - 4 to 6 p.m., 1750 Blankenship Road, Suite 400, West Linn. Susan Stigers, Oregon Office of Private Health Partnerships, and Tennise Thornton, Thronton and Associates, present health coverage options for home-based/self-employed business owners. Free and open to the public. For information visit www.westlinnchamber.pbwiki.com.
· BREAKFAST AT 'THE TABLE' - 6 to 8 a.m.,
· 50+ ADVISORY BOARD - 8:30 a.m., West End Building, 4101 Kruse Way, 2nd Floor.
· NEWCOMERS WELCOME CLUB MONTHLY LUNCHEON - If you are a newcomer, have had a lifestyle change or are looking for a friendly social organization contact Noelle McEwan at 503-495-3841 or visit www.NewcomersWelcomeClub.org. Call for time and location.
· MAC USER GROUP - 12:;30 p.m., Lake Oswego Adult Community Center.