Edwin Harry Campbell died March 29, 2008. He was 95.
Mr. Campbell was born in Michigan, N.D. on Nov. 16, 1912, the second of Harry Edwin and Nellie Campbell's 10 children.
The Campbell family moved to Silverton in 1933 where Harry Campbell bought a neighborhood grocery store and named it Campbell Bros. Ed was the manager and partner in the store.
Mr. Campbell married Jessica Bell of Silverton on May 10, 1937. The couple had two children, Janice, born in 1938 and Donald, born in 1939. The family moved to Portland in 1942, and Mr. Campbell worked in the shipyards as a welder during WWII.
In 1943, the Campbells purchased a 65-acre farm between Oregon City and Canby that they developed into a class A dairy farm. Mr. Campbell was named 'Grassman of the Year' for Clackamas County.
A farming accident prompted Mr. Campbell to change vocations and in 1953 he went to work for Roley Real Estate, a profession that he loved. The couple moved to West Linn, where they have resided for the past 50 years.
Mr. Campbell earned his broker license in 1963, and a year later he and Mrs. Campbell founded the real estate firm Country Squire of Oregon, Inc. At this time they also started Glenview Builders home construction.
Mr. Campbell served as president of the Federal Land Bank Board, president of the Clackamas County Board of Realtors, and president of Kiwanis. He was an active member of West Linn Baptist Church, now known as New Life Church.
Survivors include his wife of 71 years, Jessie of West Linn; brothers Ernie Campbell of Silverton, David Campbell and Charles Campbell of Eugene; Howard of Sun City, Ariz.; sisters Grace Block of Hermiston, and Lois Evanson of Salem; son and daughter-in-law Don and Teddie Campbell of Carlton, five grandchildren, 13 great-grandchildren and one great great grandchild. His daughter, Janice, preceded him in death.
A funeral service will be held April 5 at 10 a.m. at the New Life Church, 1984 McKillican St. in West Linn.