- Lake Oswego Review - News
THURSDAY, MAY 1
· NEWCOMERS WELCOME CLUB - Meet and greet coffee. For time and place of gathering, call Noelle McEwen at 503-495-3841.
· FICTION ALLSORTS SHORT STORY DISCUSSION GROUP - 10:30 a.m., Lake Oswego Library. Librarian reads a short story followed by discussion. Bring knitting or handcraft if you choose.
FRIDAY, MAY 2
· BREAKFAST AT 'THE TABLE' - 6 to 8 a.m., Willamette Christian Church, 2015 8th Ave., West Linn. Serving the needs of the community; free and open to everybody. Donations accepted by Anne Rowell at 503-651-3840.
· WALLMASTERS TOASTMASTERS - 6:45 a.m., TOC Management Services, 6825 SW Sandburg Rd., Tigard. Contact Megan 503-550-6572 or www.wallmasters.org.
· JOB FINDERS SUPPORT GROUP - noon - 2 p.m., Capitol Hill Library, 10723 SW Capitol Highway, Portland. Free and open to the public. Contact: 503-684-3581.
· LO CHAMBER NETWORKING AT LAKEVIEW HOUSE - 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. Weekly networking event to promote business.
SATURDAY, MAY 3
· LAKE OSWEGO NEIGHBORHOOD ACTION COALITION (LONAC) - 9:30 a.m., Oswego Heritage House, 10th and A Ave.
· WALUGA LODGE, A.F. AND A.M. - 417 2nd St. Stated Communication: 8 a.m. breakfast, tiled meeting at 9 .m. Contact Mike Gates at 503-657-3683.
SUNDAY, MAY 4
· FUTURE STARS COMMUNICATION AND LEADERSHIP CLUB - 5 to 6:15 p.m., Cascade Summit Apartments Clubhouse, 22100 Horizon Dr., West Linn. Based on Toastmasters model. Open to all, contact Cathey Armillas at 503-453-7785.
MONDAY, MAY 5
· LOACC-CLC USERS GROUP - 9:30 a.m. Question and Answer Day with Dr. Mark and hosted by Bob Guyan and Wally Helm.
TUESDAY, MAY 6
· MCVEY SOUTHSHORE NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIAITON - 7 p.m. Lakeridge High School library.
· GRUPO DE CHARLAR - 6 to 8 p.m. at West Linn Public Library. Open to Spanish speakers of all skill levels, or Spanish speakers who would like to practice their English.
· SCRABBLE CLUB - 6:45 p.m., Lakewood Center for the Arts. Club meets weekly. Contact Ruth Hamilton 503-675-7663.
· DIABETES SUPPORT GROUP - Noon to 1 p.m., Willamette Falls Hospital Community Health Education Center, 519 15th St., Oregon City. Free and open to the public.
WEDNESDAY, MAY 7
· WIDOWED GROUP - Lake Oswego Adult Community Center from 10 to 11:30 a.m. Support and understanding for those who've lost a spouse.
· TANNER BASIN NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION - 7 p.m., West Linn City Hall.
· FIRST ADDITION NEIGHBORS COORDINATING COMMITTEE - 7 p.m., LO Adult Community Center.
THURSDAY, MAY 8
· 50+ ADVISORY BOARD - 8:30 a.m. West End Building, 2nd Floor, 4101 Kruse Way.
· NEWCOMERS WELCOME CLUB MONTHLY LUNCHEON - For time and location, contact Noelle McEwen at 503-495-3841.
Send news of your event to What's Happening, Review/Tidings, P.O. Box 548, Lake Oswego, Ore. 97034. Deadline for submissions is noon Friday before the next publication date.