THURSDAY, MAY 8
· 50+ ADVISORY BOARD - 8:30 a.m. West End Building, 2nd Floor, 4101 Kruse Way.
· NEWCOMERS WELCOME CLUB MONTHLY LUNCHEON - For time and location, contact Noelle McEwen at 503-495-3841.
· FICTION ALLSORTS SHORT STORY DISCUSSION GROUP - 10:30 a.m., Lake Oswego Library. Librarian reads a short story followed by discussion. Bring knitting or handcraft if you choose.
FRIDAY, MAY 9
· BREAKFAST AT 'THE TABLE' - 6 to 8 a.m., Willamette Christian Church, 2015 8th Ave., West Linn. Serving the needs of the community; free and open to everybody. Donations accepted by Anne Rowell at 503-651-3840.
· WALLMASTERS TOASTMASTERS - 6:45 a.m., TOC Management Services, 6825 SW Sandburg Rd., Tigard. Contact Megan 503-550-6572 or www.wallmasters.org.
· JOB FINDERS SUPPORT GROUP - 12 - 2:00 p.m., Capitol Hill Library, 10723 SW Capitol Highway, Portland. Free and open to the public. Contact: 503-684-3581.
· LO CHAMBER NETWORKING - 8 to 9 a.m. Weekly networking event at Huntington Learning Center, 333 South State St., Suite C.
· GAME CLUB FOR KIDS WITH ASPERGER'S SYNDROME - 6:30 to 10 p.m., West Linn Lutheran Church, 20390 Willamette Dr. Snacks, computer and video games, board games. Parents must supervise children at all times. For more information call 503-656-6026.
SATURDAY, MAY 10
· LO AMERICAN ASSOCIATION OF UNIVERSITY WOMEN ANNUAL LUNCH - 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., Oswego Lake Country Club. Featured speaker Mary Hurst, Oregon Symphony Orchestra. Installation of new officers. Lunch is $20, reservations call 503-635-0952.
· FIDO GARAGE SALE - 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., Clackamas County Dog Shelter, 2104 Kaen Rd., Oregon City. All proceeds go to helping dogs at the shelter. Donations being accepted at 503-518-1718.
SUNDAY, MAY 11
· FUTURE STARS COMMUNICATION AND LEADERSHIP CLUB - 5 to 6:15 p.m., Cascade Summit Apartments Clubhouse, 22100 Horizon Dr., West Linn. Based on Toastmasters model. Open to all, contact Cathey Armillas at 503-453-7785.
MONDAY, MAY 12
· LOACC-CLC USERS GROUP - 9:30 a.m. Question and Answer Day with Dr. Mark and hosted by Bob Guyan and Wally Helm.
TUESDAY, MAY 13
· DOGS FOR THE DEAF INFORMATION MEETING - 4 to 5:30 p.m., Adult Community Center, 505 G Ave. Sponsored by Hearing Loss Association of Clackamas County; featured speaker Janice Justice, dog recipient and board member. Open to the public.
· GRUPO DE CHARLAR - 6 to 8 p.m. at West Linn Public Library. Open to Spanish speakers of all skill levels, or Spanish speakers who would like to practice their English.
· SCRABBLE CLUB - 6:45 p.m., Lakewood Center for the Arts. Club meets weekly. Contact Ruth Hamilton 503-675-7663.
· DRUG ADDICTION FORUM - 7 p.m., Lake Oswego Methodist Church, 1855 South Shore Blvd. Judy Cushing, Oregon Partnership; John Foote, Clackamas County District Attorney, and Marvin Seppala, M.D., of Beyond Addictions will lead forum.
· HEARING LOSS SUPPORT GROUP - 4 to 5:30 p.m. at Lake Oswego Adult Community Center. Sponsored by Clackamas County Hearing Loss Association. Programs are live-captioned.
· PALISADES GARDEN CLUB - Meetings are held in members home. For time and place call 503-636-5338.
· STAFFORD ELEMENTARY CPO MEETING - 7:30 p.m., Stafford Elementary School, 19875 SW Stafford Rd., West Linn.
· ROBINWOOD NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION - 7 p.m. Cedar Oak School, West Linn.
WEDNESDAY, MAY 14
· GREG MACPHERSON EVENT - 6:45 p.m., The Stafford House, 1200 Overlook Dr., Lake Oswego. Macpherson will discuss his service in the Oregon House of Representatives and his candidacy for Oregon Attorney General.
· ALCOHOL AWARENESS NIGHT AT LOHS - 7 p.m., Lake Oswego High School auditorium. LO Police Chief Dan Duncan, Lt. Doug Treat and Vickie Kibler present a video and discussion of teenage drinking and driving.
· SPEAKERS FORUM - CANDIDATES FOR U.S. CONGRESS KURT SCHRADER AND STEVE MARKS - 4 to 6 p.m., Oswego Lake Country Club, 20 Iron Mountain Blvd. Sponsored by Willamette Women Democrats. Tickets $12 form members, $14 for non-members. Reservations call 503-656-4445.
· LAKE OSWEGO LIBRARY ADVISORY BOARD - 7 p.m., Lake Oswego library, 706 Fourth St.
· WILLAMETTE NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION - 7 p.m., Willamette Primary School library.
THURSDAY, MAY 15
· ROLLING HILLS COMMUNITY CHURCH WOMEN OF WORTH LUNCHEON - Noon to 2 p.m., 2550 SW Borland Rd., Tualatin. Women 50 and over invited for 'Sidewalk Café' luncheon and lecture by Kristi Easterlin, world traveler. Tickets are $10 call 503-635-5639.
· LAKEWOOD CENTER ASSOCIATES MONTHLY MEETING - 10 a.m., Lakewood Center, 368 S. State St. Coffee and business meeting followed by Under the Lakewood Umbrella speakers discussing the plays for next season and the juried art selection for the Festival of the Arts. Installation of officers. Reservations required $8, call 503-699-5536.
· LAKE GROVE GARDEN CLUB - 11 a.m. field trip to Barn Owl Herb Nursery featuring Herb Fest and Chris Mulder. Contact Darby Walder at 503-675-0173.
· ROSEWOOD NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION/COMMUNITY PLANNING ORGANIZATION BOARD AND PLAN COMMITTEE - 7 p.m., River Grove School library, 5850 McEwan Rd.
Send news of your event to What's Happening, Review/Tidings, P.O. Box 548, Lake Oswego, Ore. 97034. Deadline for submissions is noon Friday before the next publication date.