Get ready to celebrate, American-style
Lake Oswego will be the place to be for the Fourth of July on Friday.
From morning to evening there will be lots of fun activities, food, music and spectacle for celebrants of America's great national holiday.
Pancakes are a good way to start off the Fourth, and the Lake Oswego Lions Club will sell them from 7 a.m. to noon at George Rogers Park. The lunch and early dinner crowd will enjoy the Lake Grove Lions Club Barbecue from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Millennium Plaza Park.
The day will conclude with one of the best fireworks shows around. The rockets will start glaring at 9:45 p.m. at Lake Grove Swim Park on Lakeview Boulevard near South Shore Boulevard in Lake Oswego.
In between these events will be other activities, including a barbecue in Millennium Plaza Park, the annual parade, musical concert in Millennium Plaza Park and the Star Spangled Water Sports Event on Oswego Lake.
While celebrating the Fourth, people can also help the hungry by donating cans of nonperishable food to the Oregon Food Bank. Collection barrels will be available at all venues.
Scheduled activities include:
* 7 a.m. to 12 p.m. Lake Oswego Lions Club Pancake Breakfast.
George Rogers Park. Tickets are $6 for adults and $4 for ages 12 and younger for pancakes, sausage, orange juice, coffee and milk. Live music will be performed.
* 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Lake Grove Lions Club Barbecue. Millennium Plaza Park. Hamburgers, hot dogs, ice cream and beverages.
* 11:30 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. Star Spangled Parade. Staging starts at 10:30 a.m. at Christ Church Episcopal Parish, 10th and Chandler streets. Decorated bikes, wagons, strollers and pets are all welcome. For those wishing to drive a vehicle, call 503-675-3983 to register. Veterans are especially welcome and are encouraged to show your colors or uniform.
Parade begins at 11:30 a.m.
* 12:15 to 12:45 p.m. Live Wire. Performance on the barge in the lower plaza at the park.
* 12:45 p.m. Traditional Presentation of Colors with Boy Scout Troop 221.
* 1 to 3 p.m. Boat Parade on the lake. Hosted by Oswego Lake Corp.
* 12:45 to 1:45 p.m. Wayne Richards and Southern Nights.
* 2 to 2:45 p.m. Sally Harmon and Frank Gruner
*3 to 4 p.m. The Millennium Concert Band.
* 9 p.m. Fireworks from the Trolley. Willamette Shore Trolley from Lake Oswego to view the fireworks at Oaks Park. Fares $15, purchase tickets in advance at the Lake Oswego Depot.
* 9:45 p.m. Fireworks Show. Public viewing at Lake Grove Swim Park.
Saturday, July 5
* 1:30 to 5 p.m. Malibu Wakeboard Competition and Exhibition. Lakewood Bay.
* 6 p.m. Portland Water Ski Spectacular. Lakewood Bay.