THURSDAY, JULY 31
· NORTHWEST ASSOCIATION OF BOOK PUBLISHERS - 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Fairfield Inn, 6100 Meadows Rd., Lake Oswego. If you have a book or are thinking about writing one visit this group of independent publishers.
· WEST LINN CHAMBER ROUND TABLE - 4:30 to 6 p.m., Bullseye Coffee, 1980 Willamette Falls Dr, #120.
FRIDAY, AUGUST 1
· BREAKFAST AT 'THE TABLE' - 6 to 8 a.m., Willamette Christian Church, 2015 8th Ave., West Linn. Serving the needs of the community; free and open to everybody. Donations accepted by Anne Rowell at 503-651-3840.
· JOB FINDERS SUPPORT GROUP - Noon to 2 p.m. at Capitol Hill Library, 10723 SW Capitol Highway, Portland. Contact Cleon Cox 503-684-3581.
· LAKE OSWEGO CHAMBER NETWORKING - 8 to 9 a.m., Melody Saunders Photography, 13790 Knaus Rd.
· UNITED METHODIST CHURCH RUMMAGE SALE - 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. 1855 South Shore Blvd. Sale continues on Sat., Aug. 2.
SATURDAY, AUGUST 2
· LAKE OSWEGO FARMERS MARKET - Millennium Plaza, 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
· LAKE OSWEGO NEIGHBORHOOD ACTION COALITION (LONAC) - Oswego Heritage House, 10th St. and A Ave. 9:30 a.m. Open to visitors and neighborhood representatives who want to participate in City and neighborhood issues.
· SAFE BOATING FOR KIDS - 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., Willamette Park Dock Barnett. Safety class for kids ages six to 15. Canoeing, t-shirts, hats, pizza. Sponsored by West Linn Lions.
· WALUGA LODGE, A.F. and A.M. - 8 a.m. breakfast, tiled meeting at 9 a.m. For more information contact Master of the Lodge, Mike Gates, at 503-657-3683.
· THE LEADERSHIP FORUM - 9 a.m. to noon, Beaverton Community Center, 12350 SW 5th St. and Hall Blvd., Beaverton. Speaker: Lynn Johnson, JGP Wealth Group on 'Three Levels of Leadership.' Free.
SUNDAY, AUGUST 3
· FUTURE STARS COMMUNICATION AND LEADERSHIP CLUB - 5 to 6:15 p.m., Cascade Summit Apartments Clubhouse, 22100 Horizon Dr., West Linn. Based on Toastmasters model. Open to all, contact Cathey Armillas at 503-453-7785.
· ANTIQUE AND COLLECTIBLE FAIRE - 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Millennium Plaza Park. Information call 503-675-2549.
MONDAY, AUGUST 4
· LOACC - COMPUTER USER'S GROUP MEETING - 9 a.m. Doctor is In session; 9:30 a.m. Intel -Morgan Anderson to return with update on her last presentation 'Oregon's Educational Challenges and Opportunities.'
TUESDAY, AUGUST 5
· SCRABBLE CLUB - 6:45 p.m., Lakewood Center for the Arts. Club meets weekly. Contact Ruth Hamilton 503-675-7663.
· GRUPO DE CHARLAR - 6 to 8 p.m. at West Linn Public Library. Open to Spanish speakers of all skill levels, or Spanish speakers who would like to practice their English.
· WEST LINN FARMERS MARKET - TASTE OF TUESDAY - 4 to 8 p.m., Willamette Falls Drive 10th- 14th Street.
WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 6
· CASA PROGRAM OF CLACKAMAS COUNTY - Court Appointed Special Advocates seeks volunteers to speak for abused and neglected children in the juvenile court system. Training provided 6 to 7 p.m. at 1001 SW Molalla Ave., Suite 203, Oregon City. For more information call 503-723-0521 or visit www.casa-cc.org .
· ENVIRONMENTAL ISSUES STUDY GROUP - 6:45 p.m. West Linn Public Library. Discussion of James Howard Dunstler's novel 'World Made by Hand.'
· WIDOWED GROUP - 10 to 11:30 a.m., Lake Oswego Adult Community Center.
THURSDAY, AUGUST 7
· LAKE FOREST NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION - 7 p.m., West Waluga Park, 15775 Waluga Dr., Lake Oswego.
· TANNER BASIN NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION - 7 p.m., West Linn City Hall.
· MOVIES IN THE PARK - Movies begin at dusk (between 8:45 and 9:30 p.m.). 'Surf's Up' at Millennium Plaza Park. Bring blankets and low sand chairs.
· WEST LINN CHAMBER NETWORKING - 4:30 to 6 p.m., Alpine Mortgage, 1980 Willamette Falls Dr.
Send news of your event to What's Happening, Review/Tidings, P.O. Box 548, Lake Oswego, Ore. 97034. Deadline for submissions is noon Friday before the next publication date.