- Lake Oswego Review - News
THURSDAY, AUGUST 14
· MOVIES IN THE PARK - Movies begin at dusk (between 8:45 and 9:30 p.m.). 'The Water Horse: Legend of the Deep' at Millennium Plaza Park. Bring blankets and low sand chairs.
· WEST LINN CHAMBER NETWORKING - 4:30 to 6 p.m., Anzao Aesthetics/Sea Breeze Tans, 21110 Salamo Rd., West Linn.
· 50+ ADVISORY BOARD - 8:30 a.m., West End Building, 2nd Floor, 4101 Kruse Way.
· ROSEWOOD NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION/COMMUNITY PLANNING ORGANIZATION BOARD - 7 p.m. at Pilkington Park at Pilkington Rd. and Dawn St., Lake Oswego.
FRIDAY, AUGUST 15
· BREAKFAST AT 'THE TABLE' - 6 to 8 a.m., Willamette Christian Church, 2015 8th Ave., West Linn. Serving the needs of the community; free and open to everybody. Donations accepted by Anne Rowell at 503-651-3840.
· JOB FINDERS SUPPORT GROUP - Noon to 2 p.m. at Capitol Hill Library, 10723 SW Capitol Highway, Portland. Contact Cleon Cox 503-684-3581.
· LAKE OSWEGO CHAMBER NETWORKING - 8 to 9 a.m., Betsy's Pet Sitting Service, 16850 Chapin Way.
· WALLMASTERS TOASTMASTERS - 6:45 a.m., TOC Management Services, 6825 SW Sandburg Rd., Tigard.
SATURDAY, AUGUST 16
· LAKE OSWEGO FARMERS MARKET - Millennium Plaza, 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
SUNDAY, AUGUST 17
· FUTURE STARS YOUTH COMMUNICATION AND LEADERSHIP CLUB - 5 to 6:15 p.m., Cascade Summit Apartments Clubhouse, 22100 Horizon Dr., West Linn. Based on Toastmasters model. Open to all, contact Cathey Armillas at 503-453-7785.
· ROSEMONT SUMMIT NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION FAMILY PICNIC - 5 to 7 p.m., West Linn Adult Community Center, 1180 Rosemont Rd. Free burgers and condiments. Bring a salad or dessert and beverage of your choice. Children's activities, TVFR fire truck, WL police cruiser.
MONDAY, AUGUST 18
· LAKE OSWEGO TOASTMASTERS - 6:15 p.m. arrive, 6:30 p.m. meeting starts, Otak, 17355 SW Boones Ferry Rd. Weekly meetings with guest speakers, speech contests and other special events. Contact David Jamieson 503-310-3495.
· LOACC - COMPUTER USER'S GROUP MEETING - 9 a.m. Doctor is In session; 9:30 a.m. Question and Answer Day with Dr. Mark, hosted by Bob Guyan and Wally Helm.
· STAFFORD HAMLET COMMUNITY/BOARD - 7 p.m., West Linn Adult Community Center, 1180 Rosemont, just west of Salamo.
TUESDAY, AUGUST 19
· SCRABBLE CLUB - 6:45 p.m., Lakewood Center for the Arts. Club meets weekly. Contact Ruth Hamilton 503-675-7663.
· GRUPO DE CHARLAR - 6 to 8 p.m. at West Linn Public Library. Open to Spanish speakers of all skill levels, or Spanish speakers who would like to practice their English.
· WEST LINN FARMERS MARKET - TASTE OF TUESDAY - 4 to 8 p.m., Willamette Falls Drive 10th- 14th Street. Drive Less/Save More Booth - tips on how to beat high gas prices.
· CLACKAMAS COUNTY COMMITTEE FOR CITIZEN INVOLVEMENT (CCI) - 7 to 9 p.m., Public Services Building, 2051 Kaen Rd., Oregon City, 4th floor, room 497. Agenda: report on Clackamas County Planning Division; report on the hamlets and villages; recap of the County Fair; discussion of electronic land use applications; planning for Oct. CPO Leaders Meeting; and an update on Metro Committee for Citizen Involvement. Contact Barbara Smolak 503-655-8552.
· HIDDEN SPRINGS NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION - 7 p.m., West Linn Adult Community Center, 1180 Rosemont Rd.
· CAREGIVER SUPPORT GROUP - 1:30 to 3:30 p.m., Lake Oswego Adult Community Center. For family members caring for older adults with memory problems.
WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 20
· MEN AND GRIEF SUPPORT GROUP - 6:30 to 8 p.m., Willamette Falls Hospital Community Health Education Center, 519 15th St., Oregon City. Free, no registration necessary.
THURSAY, AUGUST 21
· MOVIES IN THE PARK - Movies begin at dusk (between 8:45 and 9:30 p.m.). 'Enchanted' at Millennium Plaza Park. Bring blankets and low sand chairs.
· WEST LINN CHAMBER NETWORKING - 4:30 to 6 p.m., Linn City Chiropractic, 18750 SW Willamette Dr., Ste F.
· WALUGA NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION - 7 p.m., West End Building, Yamhill Room.