THURSDAY, AUGUST 28
· MOVIES IN THE PARK - Movies begin at dusk (between 8:45 and 9:30 p.m.). 'Meet the Robinsons' at Millennium Plaza Park. Bring blankets and low sand chairs.
· WEST LINN CHAMBER NETWORKING - 4:30 to 6 p.m., Bullseye Coffee, 1980 Willamette Falls Dr., Suite 120.
· NORTHWEST ASSOCIATION OF BOOK PUBLISHERS - 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Fairfield Inn, 6100 SW Meadows Rd., Lake Oswego. If you have a book or are thinking about writing one, join this group of independent publishers.
· CLACKAMAS COUNTY NETWORKING INFORMATION AND REFERRAL MEETING - 7:30 to 9 a.m., Pioneer Community Center, 615 Fifth St., Oregon City. 'Resources for food throughout Clackamas County: Pantries, Community Baskets, Gleaning and Hot Meals.' Meet representatives from a sampling of community food programs.
FRIDAY, AUGUST 29
· BREAKFAST AT 'THE TABLE' - 6 to 8 a.m., Willamette Christian Church, 2015 8th Ave., West Linn. Serving the needs of the community; free and open to everybody. Donations accepted by Anne Rowell at 503-651-3840.
· JOB FINDERS SUPPORT GROUP - Noon to 2 p.m. at Capitol Hill Library, 10723 SW Capitol Highway, Portland. Contact Cleon Cox 503-684-3581.
· LAKE OSWEGO CHAMBER NETWORKING - 8 to 9 a.m., Friends of Tryon Creek State Park, 11321 SW Terwilliger, Portland.
· WALLMASTERS TOASTMASTERS - 6:45 a.m., TOC Management Services, 6825 SW Sandburg Rd., Tigard.
SATURDAY, AUGUST 30
· LAKE OSWEGO FARMERS MARKET - Millennium Plaza, 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
SUNDAY, AUGUST 31
· FUTURE STARS YOUTH COMMUNICATION AND LEADERSHIP CLUB - 5 to 6:15 p.m., Cascade Summit Apartments Clubhouse, 22100 Horizon Dr., West Linn. Based on Toastmasters model. Open to all, contact Cathey Armillas at 503-453-7785.
MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 1
· LAKE OSWEGO TOASTMASTERS - No meeting. Labor Day Holiday.
· IVY LEAGUE - 8 a.m. to noon, Mary S. Young Park. Volunteer to remove invasive species. Meet at the shed in the gravel parking lot. Bring work gloves, wheelbarrows and shovels provided.
TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 2
· FIRST ADDITION/FOREST HILLS NEIGHBORS COORDINATING COMMITTEE MEETING - 7 p.m., LO Adult Community Center.
· WEST LINN FARMERS MARKET - TASTE OF TUESDAY - 4 to 8 p.m., Willamette Falls Drive 10th- 14th Street.
· WEST LINN HISTORIC RESOURCE ADVISORY BOARD - 7 p.m., West Linn City Hall, Willamette Room.
· LAKE OSWEGO PLANNING COMMISSION OPEN HOUSE - 6:30 to 8 p.m., LO Adult Community Center. Process and code amendments.
· SCRABBLE CLUB - 6:45 p.m., Lakewood Center for the Arts. Club meets weekly. Contact Ruth Hamilton 503-675-7663.
· GRUPO DE CHARLAR - 6 to 8 p.m. at West Linn Public Library. Open to Spanish speakers of all skill levels, or Spanish speakers who would like to practice their English.
WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 3
· COURT APPOINTED SPECIAL ADVOCATES (CASA) OF CLACKAMAS COUNTY - Seeking volunteers to speak for abused and neglected children in the juvenile court system. Training is provided. Information session from 6 to 7 p.m. 1001 SW Molalla Ave., Suite 203, Oregon City. Information 503-723-0521 or www.casa-cc.org .
· ENVIRONMENTAL ISSUES STUDY GROUP - 6:45 p.m., West Linn Public Library. Group reads books and discusses environmental issues. This month's book is The Last Hours of Ancient Sunlight: The Fate of the World and What We Can Do Before It's Too Late, by Thom Hartmann.
· WEST LINN CHAMBER MID-DAY NETWORKING - 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Bullseye Coffee, 1980 Willamette Falls Dr, Suite 120.
THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 4
· WEST LINN TRANSPORTATION ADVISORY BOARD - 7 p.m., West Linn City Hall.
· WEST LINN CHAMBER BUSINESS AFTER HOURS - 7 p.m., Betsy's Pet Sitting, 16850 Chapin Way, Lake Oswego.
· TANNER BASIN NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION - 7 p.m., West Linn City Hall.
· LAKE FOREST NEIGHBORHOOD BOARD MEETING - 7 p.m., at Rivergrove Elementary School, 5850 McEwan Road.
· PORTLAND METRO CHAPTER OF PHEASANTS FOREVER - First meeting of a new chapter dedicated to supporting habitat projects, 7 p.m., Oswego Heritage House, 398 10th Street, Lake Oswego. Guest speaker Dennis Newman will speak on 'Habitat Projects in Northeastern Oregon.' For more information call Don at 503-598-1985.
Send news of your event to What's Happening, Review/Tidings, P.O. Box 548, Lake Oswego, Ore. 97034. Deadline for submissions is noon Friday before the next publication date.
6A GIRLS SOCCER
Mount Hood Conference