Featured Stories

Fire displaces 19 people

by: Lake Oswego Fire Department,

A fire displaced 19 residents - seven indefinitely - from a Mountain Park apartment complex after a cigarette in a flower pot ignited a porch Monday evening. It took firefighters about an hour to control the blaze at 1 Jefferson Parkway. Firefighters arrived shortly after 6 p.m. to find heavy fire in the back of the building and also extending into the attic. The fire caused about $300,000 in damage to the 10-unit complex, including a power outage. Five adults and two teenagers were unable to return to their homes. Twelve others returned the following morning.