THURSDAY, OCTOBER 2
· PHEASANTS FOREVER - 7 p.m. at Oswego Heritage House, 398 10th St. Speaker Ken Harding on 'Hunting Driving Pheasants in England and Wales' and shooting English double barrel shotguns. Information call Roger at 360-892-2125 or Don at 503-598-1985.
· PUBLIC FORUM-LIBRARY DISTRICT - 7 to 9 p.m., West End Building, Lake Oswego. County funding of libraries will be phased out over the next five years. Discussion of Library District as a solution. Questions call Terry Huber at 503-638-2707.
· NEWCOMERS WELCOME CLUB OF LAKE OSWEGO - NEW MEMBERS COFFEE - 10:30 a.m. For the location, call Joanne at 503-656-1924. Group welcomes newcomers, empty nesters, singles, retirees and neighbors. For membership information visit www.newcomerswelcomeclub.org.
· MARYLHURST TOASTMASTERS OPEN HOUSE - 6:30 to 7:30 p.m., Marylhurst University, Baxter Hall. Information call Pam Pesetti at 503-880-4866.
· LAKE FOREST NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION BOARD MEETING - 7 p.m., River Grove Elementary School library, 5850 S.W. McEwan Rd.
· TANNER BASIN NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION - 7 p.m., West Linn City Hall.
· NETWORKING WEST LINN - 5 to 6:30 p.m., Mark Hanson Agency, Inc., 18615 Willamette Dr., Ste. 100.
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 3
· BREAKFAST AT 'THE TABLE' - 6 to 8 a.m., Willamette Christian Church, 2015 8th Ave., West Linn. Serving the needs of the community; free and open to everybody. Donations accepted by Anne Rowell at 503-651-3840.
· JOB FINDERS SUPPORT GROUP - Noon to 2 p.m. at Capitol Hill Library, 10723 SW Capitol Highway, Portland. Contact Cleon Cox 503-684-3581.
· LAKE OSWEGO CHAMBER NETWORKING - 8 to 9 a.m., Pacific West Bank, 5200 S.W. Meadows.
· WALLMASTERS TOASTMASTERS - 6:45 a.m., TOC Management Services, 6825 SW Sandburg Rd., Tigard.
· BLOOD DRIVE - 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., Lake Oswego City Hall. Register at www.givelife.org , using 'LOCityHall' as code word.
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 4
· LAKE OSWEGO NEIGHBORHOOD ACTION COALTION (LONAC) FORUM - 9:30 a.m., City Hall at Fourth and A Ave. Discussion of candidates seeking open Lake Oswego City Council positions in the Nov. election.
· LAKE OSWEGO FARMERS MARKET - Millennium Plaza, 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
· LAKE OSWEGO-DUNTHORPE ALUMNAE CLUB OF PI BETA PHI - Call for volunteers at the SMART (Start Making a Reader Today) booth in the Hilton Grand Ballroom for the Portland Marathon between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m. Contact Jeanne Bliss at 503-638-8284.
· OHSU MACULAR DEGENERATION AND LOW VISION EXPO - 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Red Lion Hotel, 909 N. Hayden Island Dr., Portland. Free event with speakers on latest research and treatments for macular degeneration and techniques for living with vision loss. Registration requested 503-494-8511 or www.ohsucasey.com/patient/macular.asp .
· SUNSET NEIGHBORHOOD CLEAN UP DAY - 9 a.m., Sunset Park, West Linn.
· WALUGA LODGE, A.F. AND A.M. - 8 a.m. breakfast open to the pubic. 9 a.m. tiled meeting, 417 2nd Ave., Lake Oswego. For more information call Master of the Lodge, Mike Gates, at 503-657-3683.
· UNIVERSITY OF PHOENIX CAREER FAIR - 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., 13221 SW 68th Parkway, Tigard. Free to both employers and career-seekers.
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 5
· FUTURE STARS YOUTH COMMUNICATION AND LEADERSHIP CLUB - 5 to 6:15 p.m., Cascade Summit Apartments Clubhouse, 22100 Horizon Dr., West Linn. Based on Toastmasters model. Open to all, contact Cathey Armillas at 503-453-7785.
MONDAY, OCTOBER 6
· IVY LEAGUE - 8 a.m. to noon, Mary S. Young Park. Volunteer to remove invasive species. Meet at the shed in the gravel parking lot. Bring work gloves, wheelbarrows and shovels provided.
· LOACC COMPUTER USER'S GROUP - 9 a.m. Q and A session, 9:30 a.m. Richard Steingrabber.
· COMPUTER CLASS: WORD BASICS - 6:30 p.m., West Linn Library. For people with little or no experience using Word.
· LAKE OSWEGO TOASTMASTERS - 6:30 to 8 p.m., Otak, 17355 S.W. Boones Ferry Rd. For information call David Jamieson at 503-310-3495 or visit lakeoswegotoastmas
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 7
· LAKE OSWEGO CHAMBER OF COMMERCE CANDIDATE FORUM FOR MAYORAL AND CITY COUNCIL CANDIDATES - 7 to 9 a.m., Oswego Lake Country Club. Cost $20, RSVP to the Chamber office at 503-636-3634.
· JOHN L. SCOTT REALTY - 'HOW TO BUY A HOME FOR BEGINNERS' - 6:30 p.m., John L. Scott Real Estate conference room, 5800 S.W. Meadows Rd., Lake Oswego. Speakers: Peggy Barrington and Tom Ferris, brokers.
· WEST LINN FARMERS MARKET - TASTE OF TUESDAY - 4 to 8 p.m., Willamette Falls Drive 10th- 14th Street.
· SCRABBLE CLUB - 6:45 p.m., Lakewood Center for the Arts. Club meets weekly. Contact Ruth Hamilton 503-675-7663.
· GRUPO DE CHARLAR - 6 to 8 p.m. at West Linn Public Library. Open to Spanish speakers of all skill levels, or Spanish speakers who would like to practice their English.
· EVERGREEN NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION - 6:30 p.m., Our Lady of the Lake Catholic Church, A Ave. and 8 St., Parish Hall. Tour and presentation of remodeling plans.
· WEST LINN HISTORIC RESOURCE ADVISORY BOARD - 7 p.m., WL City Hall, Willamette Room.
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 8
· MAC COMPUTER GROUP - 12:30 p.m., Lake Oswego Adult Community Center.
· LAKE OSWEGO LIBRARY ADVISORY BOARD- 7 p.m., LO Library, 706 Fourth St.
· WEST LINN MID-DAY NETWORKING - 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Bullseye Coffee, 1980 Willamette Falls Dr., Suite 120.
· WILLAMETTE NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION - 7 p.m., Willamette Primary School library.
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 9
· WILLAMETTE WOMEN DEMOCRATS SPEAKERS FORUM - 4 to 6 p.m., Oswego Lake Country Club, 20 Iron Mountain Blvd. Gen. Merrill 'Tony' McPeak will discuss 'A Peek Into Presidential Politics'. Tickets are $12 for members, $14 for non-members. Reservations call Patricia Rovainen at 503-656-4445.
· MARYLHURST TOASTMASTERS- 6:30 to 7:30 p.m., Marylhurst University, Baxter Hall. Information call Pam Pesetti at 503-880-4866.
· WEST LINN NETWORKING and RIBBON CUTTING- 5 to 6:30 p.m., Fitness Together, 2020 8th Ave., Suite D., West Linn.
· HOLLY ORCHARD NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION - 7 to 8:45 p.m., West End Building, Santiam Room. Candidates running for mayor, city council, and state representative positions.
· OLD TOWN NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION BOARD - 7:30 p.m., Lakewood Center.
Send news of your event to What's Happening, Review/Tidings, P.O. Box 548, Lake Oswego, Ore. 97034. Deadline for submissions is noon Friday before the next publication date.