THURSDAY, OCTOBER 9
· WILLAMETTE WOMEN DEMOCRATS SPEAKERS FORUM - 4 to 6 p.m., Oswego Lake Country Club, 20 Iron Mountain Blvd. Gen. Merrill 'Tony' McPeak will discuss 'A Peek Into Presidential Politics'. Tickets are $12 for members, $14 for non-members. Reservations call Patricia Rovainen at 503-656-4445.
· MARYLHURST TOASTMASTERS- 6:30 to 7:30 p.m., Marylhurst University, Baxter Hall. Information call Pam Pesetti at 503-880-4866.
· WEST LINN NETWORKING and RIBBON CUTTING- 5 to 6:30 p.m., fitness Together, 2020 8th Ave., Suite D., West Linn.
· HOLLY ORCHARD NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION - 7 to 8:45 p.m., West End Building, Santiam Room. Candidates running for mayor, city council, and state representative positions.
· OLD TOWN NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION BOARD - 7:30 p.m., Lakewood Center Community Meeting Room. All officer and board member positions are up for election.
· 'MAINTAINING WELLNESS IN DIFFICULT TIMES' SEMINAR - 6:30 to 8 p.m., ClubSport, 18120 SW Lower Boones Ferry Rd., Tigard. Speakers Alyson Williams, PhD of Ascencia LLC will discuss practical tools for achieving balance and improving your physical and mental well-being. Free and open to the public. Register at 503-968-4555.
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 10
· BREAKFAST AT 'THE TABLE' - 6 to 8 a.m., Willamette Christian Church, 2015 8th Ave., West Linn. Serving the needs of the community; free and open to everybody. Donations accepted by Anne Rowell at 503-651-3840.
· JOB FINDERS SUPPORT GROUP - Noon to 2 p.m. at Capitol Hill Library, 10723 SW Capitol Highway, Portland. Contact Cleon Cox 503-684-3581.
· LAKE OSWEGO CHAMBER NETWORKING - 8 to 9 a.m., Hilton Garden Inn, 14850 Kruse Oaks Dr.
· WALLMASTERS TOASTMASTERS - 6:45 a.m., TOC Management Services, 6825 SW Sandburg Rd., Tigard.
· GAME CLUB FOR KIDS WITH ASPERGER'S SYNDROME - 6:30 to 10 p.m., West Linn Lutheran Church, 20390 Willamette Dr. Free, but donations appreciated. Parents must supervise their own children at all times.
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 11
· NEIGHBORWOODS WORKSHOP: HABITAT RESTORATION - 10 a.m. to 1:45 p.m., George Rogers Park. Introduction to native plant restoration and projects at George Rogers Park.
· ROSEMONT SUMMIT NEIGHBORHOOD CLEAN UP DAY - 9 a.m., Rosemont Summit
· BOLTON NEIGHBORHOOD DUMPSTER DAY - 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., behind the West Linn Police Station. No yard debris, household garbage or toxic waste. Construction debris, appliances, tires, garden pots, etc. will be accepted.
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 12
· FUTURE STARS YOUTH COMMUNICATION AND LEADERSHIP CLUB - 5 to 6:15 p.m., Cascade Summit Apartments Clubhouse, 22100 Horizon Dr., West Linn. Based on Toastmasters model. Open to all, contact Cathey Armillas at 503-453-7785.
MONDAY, OCTOBER 13
· IVY LEAGUE - 8 a.m. to noon, Mary S. Young Park. Volunteer to remove invasive species. Meet at the shed in the gravel parking lot. Bring work gloves, wheelbarrows and shovels provided.
· LOACC COMPUTER USER'S GROUP - 9 a.m. 'Do Digital Homes Dream of Electric Families: Designing Technologies for Humans' with Intel's Brian David Johnson.
· COMPUTER CLASS: WORD BASICS - 6:30 p.m., West Linn Library. For people with little or no experience using word.
· LAKE OSWEGO TOASTMASTERS - 6:30 to 8 p.m., Otak, 17355 S.W. Boones Ferry Rd. For information call David Jamieson at 503-310-3495 or visit lakeoswegotoastmasters.com .
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 14
· STAFFORD TUALATIN CITIZEN PLANNING ORGANIZATION MEETING - 7:30 p.m., Stafford Cafeteria Elementary School. Discussion of 'How to Drive in the Double-laned Roundabout at Wankers Corner.' Questions call Sally Visher at 503-638-9494.
· AMERICAN ASSOCIATION OF UNIVERSITY WOMEN - 7 p.m., Lake Oswego Heritage House, 10th and A St. Representatives from the League of Women Voters will discuss the pros and cons of the ballot measures on Nov. 4 ballot. Open to the public.
· EVERGREEN NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION BOARD MEETING - 7 p.m., Play Boutique in Wizer's Downtown Center building. Contact Joy Strull 503-636-3701.
· WOMEN ENTERPRENEURS OF OREGON - 5:45 to 8:30 p.m., Kell's Irish Restaurant and Pub, 112 SW Second Ave., Portland. 'Crunch Time Selling: Savvy Sellers Share Secrets'. Panelists: Layla Bauder, Mary Kay Cosmetics, Tia Ribary, Ribary and Associates, Brenda Casey, Casey's Plumbing, with moderator Kathie Nelson, Connectworks.
· LAST DAY TO REGISTER TO VOTE FOR NOVEMBER ELECTION - Pick up voter registration card at Lake Oswego or West Linn city hall or download the form at www.sos.state.or.us/elections/vot
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 15
· WEST LINN TRANSPORTATION SYSTEM PLAN PUBLIC OPEN HOUSE - 5:45 to 7 p.m., West Linn Public Library.
· WEST LINN MID-DAY NETWORKING - 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Bullseye Coffee, 1980 Willamette Falls Dr., Suite 120.
· LAKE OSWEGO WOMEN'S COALITION - 11:45 a.m., Oswego Lake Country Club. Speaker to be announced. Lunch $15, reservations required call 503-636-3634.
· ICE AGE FLOODS INSTITUTE LOWER COLUMBIA FLOODS CHAPTER MEETING -7 p.m., Museum of the Oregon Territory, 211 Tumwater Dr., Oregon City. Call Mark Buser for information, 503-313-4442.
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 16
· LAKEWOOD CENTER ASSOCIATES MONTHLY LUNCHEON MEETING - 10 a.m. at Lakewood Center, 368 S. State St. Coffee and business meeting, followed by Project Pooch presentation. Noon lunch $8. Reservations necessary. Call 503-699-5536.
· LAKE FOREST NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION BOARD and GENERAL MEETING - 6 p.m. Board Meeting, 7 p.m., General Meeting, River Grove Elementary School library, 5850 S.W. McEwan Rd.
· PLANNING COMMISSION OPEN HOUSE - 6:30 to 8 p.m., City Hall Council Chambers, regarding infill.
· ROSEWOOD NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION - 7 p.m., River Grove Elementary School.
· WEST LINN NETWORKING and RIBBON CUTTING - 5 to 6:30 p.m., West Linn Public Library, 11595 Burns St., West Linn.
· ROSEWOOD NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION/COMMUNITY PLANNING ORGANIZATION BOARD MEETING -7 p.m., in the special education room at River Grove School, 5850 McEwan Road.
Send news of your event to What's Happening, Review/Tidings, P.O. Box 548, Lake Oswego, Ore. 97034. Deadline for submissions is noon Friday before the next publication date.