- Lake Oswego Review - News
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 16
· LAKE FOREST NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION BOARD and GENERAL MEETING - 6 p.m. Board Meeting, 7 p.m., General Meeting, River Grove Elementary School library, 5850 S.W. McEwan Rd.
· PLANNING COMMISSION OPEN HOUSE - 6:30 to 8 p.m., Lake Oswego City Hall Council Chambers, regarding infill.
· ROSEWOOD NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION - 7 p.m., River Grove Elementary School.
· PALISADES NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION GENERAL MEETING AND CANDIDATES FORUM - 7 p.m., The Stafford, 1200 Overlook Dr. All Lake Oswego Mayoral and City Council candidates will be available to answer questions.
· FREE INTERNET CLASS - 9 to 10 a.m., Lake Oswego Public Library. Beginning class is three sessions long covering basic keyboarding and mouse use, searching techniques and clever shortcuts. Class continues on Oct. 23, and 30.
· WEST LINN NETWORKING - 5 to 6 p.m., West Linn Public Library, 1545 Burns St.
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 17
· BREAKFAST AT 'THE TABLE' - 6 to 8 a.m., Willamette Christian Church, 2015 8th Ave., West Linn. Serving the needs of the community; free and open to everybody. Donations accepted by Anne Rowell at 503-651-3840.
· JOB FINDERS SUPPORT GROUP - Noon to 2 p.m. at Capitol Hill Library, 10723 SW Capitol Highway, Portland. Contact Cleon Cox 503-684-3581.
· LAKE OSWEGO CHAMBER NETWORKING - 8 to 9 a.m., Fitness in Training, 5300 SW Meadows Rd, Suite 140.
· WALLMASTERS TOASTMASTERS - 6:45 a.m., TOC Management Services, 6825 SW Sandburg Rd., Tigard.
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 18
· SOLV TREE PLANTING AT TRYON CREEK - 9 a.m. to noon. Restoration project. Trees and tools will be provided. Register to volunteer at www. Solv.org or call Brett Lyon at 503-844-9571 x 332.
· LAKE OSWEGO GREEN TEENS EARTH EVENT - 7 p.m., Whole Life Center for Spiritual Living, 3890 Upper Dr., Lake Oswego. Secretary of State, Bill Bradbury, will discuss global climate change, how it affects Oregon and what each of us can do. Hors d'oeuvres at 6 p.m. Free and open to the public.
· FALL CLEANUP IN SPRINGBROOK PARK - 9 a.m. to noon. Meet at Uplands School Trailhead. Remove invasive, non-native plants. Bring gloves and pruners. Cookies and drinks provided.
· SUCCESSFUL TRANSITION TO ASSISTED LIVING - 2 p.m., Oswego Place, 17450 Pilkington Rd. Presentation on how to make the transition to assisted living safe and easy. Registration requested, not required at 503-697-1025.
· WEST LINN LIBRARY APPRECIATION DAY - 12 p.m. Fun events, 1595 Burns St.
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 19
· FUTURE STARS YOUTH COMMUNICATION AND LEADERSHIP CLUB - 5 to 6:15 p.m., Cascade Summit Apartments Clubhouse, 22100 Horizon Dr., West Linn. Based on Toastmasters model. Open to all, contact Cathey Armillas at 503-453-7785.
MONDAY, OCTOBER 20
· IVY LEAGUE - 8 a.m. to noon, Mary S. Young Park. Volunteer to remove invasive species. Meet at the shed in the gravel parking lot. Bring work gloves, wheelbarrows and shovels provided.
· BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS OF RIVERGROVE WATER DISTRICT - 7:30 a.m., 17661 Pilkington Rd.
· LOACC COMPUTER USER'S GROUP - 9 a.m. Q and A, 9:30 a.m., 'Building a CLC User Group Website' with Mark Matson.
· COMPUTER CLASS: WORD BASICS - 6:30 p.m., West Linn Library. For people with little or no experience using word.
· LAKE OSWEGO TOASTMASTERS - 6:30 to 8 p.m., Otak, 17355 S.W. Boones Ferry Rd. For information call David Jamieson at 503-310-3495 or visit lakeoswegotoastmasters.com .
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 21
· LAKE OSWEGO BUSINESS ALLIANCE 'EXAMINING ENTREPRENEURS: HOW DO THEY DO THAT?' - 11:15 a.m., networking, 11:30 a.m. to 1:15 p.m., luncheon presentation. Holy Names Heritage Center, 17425 Holy Names Dr., Lake Oswego. Speakers Ryan Buchanan, EROI and Judith Huck, Classique Floors, plus a Panel Forum with interview-syle panel discussion. Cost $20, lunch provided.
· TAKING CONTROL: A FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT WORKSHOP FOR WOMEN - 6 p.m., 2000 SW 1st Ave., Suite 4000, Portland. Sponsored by New England Financial. Open to the public, seating is limited. Contact Marcus Johnson at 503-228-6645 x115. Hors d'oeuvres and cocktails. Class to be held again at the same time and place on Oct. 23.
· SCRABBLE CLUB - 6:45 p.m., Lakewood Center for the Arts. Club meets weekly. Contact Ruth Hamilton 503-675-7663.
· GRUPO DE CHARLAR - 6 to 8 p.m. at West Linn Public Library. Open to Spanish speakers of all skill levels, or Spanish speakers who would like to practice their English.
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 22
· WEST LINN MID-DAY NETWORKING - 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Bullseye Coffee, 1980 Willamette Falls Dr., Suite 120.
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 23
· MAC COMPUTER GROUP - 12:30 p.m., Lake Oswego Adult Community Center.
· LO CHAMBER BUSINESS AFTER HOURS - 5 to 7 p.m., Associated Business Systems, Ricoh, 7440 S.W. Bonita Rd. Quarterly networking event with food, adult beverages, door prizes. $5 door charge.
Send news of your event to What's Happening, Review/Tidings, P.O. Box 548, Lake Oswego, Ore. 97034. Deadline for submissions is noon Friday before the next publication date.