- Lake Oswego Review - News
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 23
· MARYLHURST TOASTMASTERS- 6:30 to 7:30 p.m., Marylhurst University, Baxter Hall. Information call Pam Pesetti at 503-880-4866.
· LO CHAMBER BUSINESS AFTER HOURS - 5 to 7 p.m., Associated Business Systems, Ricoh, 7440 S.W. Bonita Rd. Quarterly networking event with food, adult beverages, door prizes. $5 door charge.
· WEST LINN CHAMBER NETWORKING - 5 to 6:30 p.m., WLCC, Schlenker Chiropractic and Westlake Properties, 21420 Willamette and Elliott St. 503-655-6744.
· MAC COMPUTER GROUP - 12:30 p.m., Lake Oswego Adult Community Center.
· SPECIAL SCREENING 'LIQUID ASSETS: THE STORY OF OUR WATER INFRASTRUCTURE' - 6 p.m., West Linn City Hall. Penn State Public Broadcasting documentary about water resources and infrastructure in the U.S. WL Utility Advisory Board members will answer questions. The film will be shown again on Oct. 29 at 6 p.m. at the West Linn Public Library, and Nov. 3 at 12:30 p.m. at the Adult Community Center.
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 24
· BREAKFAST AT 'THE TABLE' - 6 to 8 a.m., Willamette Christian Church, 2015 8th Ave., West Linn. Serving the needs of the community; free and open to everybody. Donations accepted by Anne Rowell at 503-651-3840.
· JOB FINDERS SUPPORT GROUP - Noon to 2 p.m. at Capitol Hill Library, 10723 SW Capitol Highway, Portland. Contact Cleon Cox 503-684-3581.
· LAKE OSWEGO CHAMBER NETWORKING - 8 to 9 a.m., Tucci, 220
A Ave. Contact Susie Regan 503-6897-3383.
· WALLMASTERS TOASTMASTERS - 6:45 a.m., TOC Management
Services, 6825 SW Sandburg Rd., Tigard.
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 25
· THREE RIVERS LAND CONSERVANCY RESTORATION WORK PARTY - 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., Nettle Creek at the intersection of Atwater Rd. and Iron Mountain Blvd. in Lake Oswego. Pulling invasive plants to improve wildlife habitat and watershed. Snacks, lunch, tools and gloves provided.
· NEIGHBORHOOD CLEANUP AT BRYANT ROAD - 9 a.m. to noon, at the intersection of Bryant and Jean Roads. Remove invasive plants and debris. Cookies and drinks provided. Contact Nancy Bignell 503-699-6686.
· TREE PLANTING AT TRYON CREEK - 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. Trees and tools will be provided. Register to volunteer at www.solv.org .
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 26
· FUTURE STARS YOUTH COMMUNICATION AND LEADERSHIP CLUB - 5 to 6:15 p.m., Cascade Summit Apartments Clubhouse, 22100 Horizon Dr., West Linn. Based on Toastmasters model. Open to all, contact Cathey Armillas at 503-453-7785.
MONDAY, OCTOBER 27
· IVY LEAGUE - 8 a.m. to noon, Mary S. Young Park. Volunteer to remove invasive species. Meet at the shed in the gravel parking lot. Bring work gloves, wheelbarrows and shovels provided.
· LOACC COMPUTER USER'S GROUP - 9 a.m. Q and A, 9:30 a.m., Dr. Mark, Bob Guyan and Wally Helm.
· COMPUTER CLASS: WORD BASICS - 6:30 p.m., West Linn Library. For people with little or no experience using word.
· LAKE OSWEGO TOASTMASTERS - 6:30 to 8 p.m., Otak, 17355 S.W. Boones Ferry Rd. Guest speaker: Jane Heisler, director of Pubic Affairs, City of Lake Oswego, will discuss the Lake Oswego Interceptor Sewer Project. For information call David Jamieson at 503-310-3495 or visit lakeoswegotoastmasters.com .
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 28
· SCRABBLE CLUB - 6:45 p.m., Lakewood Center for the Arts. Club meets weekly. Contact Ruth Hamilton 503-675-7663.
· GRUPO DE CHARLAR - 6 to 8 p.m. at West Linn Public Library. Open to Spanish speakers of all skill levels, or Spanish speakers who would like to practice their English.
· LAKE OSWEGO REPUBLICAN WOMEN'S CLUB - 11:30 a.m. at Oswego Lake Country Club, 10 Iron Mountain Blvd. Speakers will be a host of Republican candidates. Cost: $15 includes lunch. Reservations call Joanne Balkovic 503-635-5050.
· MARYLHURST NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION - 7 p.m., West Linn Adult Community Center.
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 29
· GREEN FROM THE GROUND UP SEMINAR - 8:30 to 10:30 a.m., JMG Conference Center at HBA, 15555 S.W. Bangy Rd., Lake Oswego. Featuring Larry Coffman, nationally recognized expert on low impact development technology. Sponsored by Home Builders Association of Metropolitan Portland. Cost: $10 HBA members; $20 non-members. Registration www.homebuildersportland.org .
· WEST LINN MID-DAY NETWORKING - 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Bullseye Coffee, 1980 Willamette Falls Dr., Suite 120, 503-655-6744.
· KRUSE WAY ECONOMIC FORUM - 7:30 to 9:30 a.m., Shorenstein Realty Services, Kruse Oaks Conference Center, 5300 Meadows, Lake Oswego. 'Financial Storm or Financial Climate Change? What Businesses and Families Should Do Now to Prepare for the New Financial World' presented by William B. Conerly, Ph.D., economist, consultant, author. Cost: $25 includes materials and continental breakfast. Register Lori Lauber 503-636-3634.
· UPLANDS NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION - 7 p.m., Uplands Elementary School library. Annual elections. Contact Karen Alice Jones 503-636-1118.
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 30
· WEST LINN CHAMBER ROUND TABLE - 5 to 6:30 p.m., Bullseye Coffee, 1980 Willamette Falls Dr. #120, 503-655-6744.
· NORTHWEST ASSOCIATION OF BOOK PUBLISHERS - 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Fairfield Inn, 6100 SW Meadows Rd., Lake Oswego. If you have a book or are thinking about writing one join this group of independent publishers.
Send news of your event to What's Happening, Review/Tidings, P.O. Box 548, Lake Oswego, Ore. 97034. Deadline for submissions is noon Friday before the next publication date.