THURSDAY, OCTOBER 30
· WEST LINN CHAMBER ROUND TABLE - 5 to 6:30 p.m., Bullseye Coffee, 1980 Willamette Falls Dr. #120, 503-655-6744.
· NORTHWEST ASSOCIATION OF BOOK PUBLISHERS - 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Fairfield Inn, 6100 SW Meadows Rd., Lake Oswego. If you have a book or are thinking about writing one join this group of independent publishers.
· MARYLHURST TOAST-MASTERS- 6:30 to 7:30 p.m., Marylhurst University, Baxter Hall. Information call Pam Pesetti at 503-880-4866.
· FOREST HIGHLANDS CPO and NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION - 7 to 9 p.m., Mountain Park Recreation Center, 2 Mt. Jefferson Terr. Annual general meeting.
· CLACKAMAS COUNTY NETWORKING INFORMATION and REFERRAL MEETING - 7:30 to 9 a.m., Pioneer Community Center, 615 5th St., Oregon City. Resources for pregnant and parenting teens and new parents. Free, refreshments provided.
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 31
· GRAND REOPENING HALLOWEEN CELEBRATION - OREGON MEDICAL LABORATORY - 7:30 to 10:30 a.m., 2008 Willamette Falls Dr., Ste. 100A, West Linn. Free blood sugar screenings for adults, trick-or-treat goodies for kids, coffee, breakfast treats.
· BREAKFAST AT 'THE TABLE' - 6 to 8 a.m., Willamette Christian Church, 2015 8th Ave., West Linn. Serving the needs of the community; free and open to everybody. Donations accepted by Anne Rowell at 503-651-3840.
· JOB FINDERS SUPPORT GROUP - Noon to 2 p.m. at Capitol Hill Library, 10723 SW Capitol Highway, Portland. Contact Cleon Cox 503-684-3581.
· LAKE OSWEGO CHAMBER NETWORKING - 8 to 9 a.m., Crowne Plaza Hotel, 14811 Kruse Oaks Blvd.
· WALLMASTERS TOASTMASTERS - 6:45 a.m., TOC Management
Services, 6825 SW Sandburg Rd., Tigard.
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 1
· LAKE OSWEGO NEIGHBORHOOD ACTION COALITION (LONAC) - 9:30 a.m., Oswego Heritage House, 10th St. and A Ave. Visitors and neighborhood representatives welcome.
· WESTRIDGE NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION IVY PULL - 8:30 a.m. to noon. Volunteers help pull invasive ivy at the neighborhood entrance sign at Westridge and Bryant. Bring gloves, shovels, rakes and clippers. Contact Dave Bussman at 503-638-9112.
· THREE RIVERS LAND CONSERVANCY AND KELLY CREEK IVY PULL - 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Meet at Kelly Creek (Nettle Creek). Gloves, tools and lunch provided. Contact Aulani Johnson at 503-534-5742.
· UNVEILING LAKE OSWEGO LIBRARY WHIMSICAL GARDEN - 1 to 3 p.m., Lake Oswego Library.
· IVY LEAGUE - 8 a.m. to noon, Mary S. Young Park. Volunteer to remove invasive species. Meet at the shed in the gravel parking lot. Bring work gloves; wheelbarrows and shovels provided.
· WALUGA LODGE, A.F. and A.M. - 8 a.m. breakfast and 9 a.m. tiled meeting. Lodge located at 417 2nd St., Lake Oswego. Contact Master of the Lodge Mike Gates at 503-657-3683.
SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 2
· FUTURE STARS YOUTH COMMUNICATION AND LEADERSHIP CLUB - 5 to 6:15 p.m., Cascade Summit Apartments Clubhouse, 22100 Horizon Dr., West Linn. Based on Toastmasters model. Open to all, contact Cathey Armillas at 503-453-7785.
· LAKE OSWEGO HARVEST FEST - 3 to 6 p.m., Millennium Plaza Park.
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 3
· SPECIAL SCREENING 'LIQUID ASSETS: THE STORY OF OUR WATER INFRASTRUCTURE' - 6 p.m., West Linn City Hall. Penn State Public Broadcasting documentary about water resources and infrastructure in the U.S. WL Utility Advisory Board members will answer questions.
· LAKE OSWEGO TOASTMASTERS - 6:30 to 8 p.m., Otak, 17355 S.W. Boones Ferry Rd. For information call David Jamieson at 503-310-3495 or visit lakeoswegotoastmasters.com .
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 4
· SCRABBLE CLUB - 6:45 p.m., Lakewood Center for the Arts. Club meets weekly. Contact Ruth Hamilton 503-675-7663.
· GRUPO DE CHARLAR - 6 to 8 p.m. at West Linn Public Library. Open to Spanish speakers of all skill levels, or Spanish speakers who would like to practice their English.
· WEST LINN LIBRARY TERRIFIC TUESDAY - 6:30 p.m., Nana Banana Music Show.
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 5
· FIRST ADDITION/FOREST HILLS NEIGHBORS COORDINATING COMMITTEE - 7 p.m., LO Adult Community Center. Contact Lisa Shaw-Ryan 503-697-8995 .
· MEET and EAT 'AID FOR OLDER EYES' - 4:30 to 5:30 p.m., Willamette Falls Hospital Community Health Education Center, 519 15th St., Oregon City. Fee for (optional) dinner $7 members/$10 non-members. How aging can affect your eyes and steps you can take to maintain them.
· WEST LINN MID-DAY NETWORKING - 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Bullseye Coffee, 1980 Willamette Falls Dr., Suite 120, 503-655-6744.
· COURT APPOINTED SPECIAL ADVOCATES (CASA) -
6 to 7 p.m., 1001 S.W. Molalla Ave, Suite 203, Oregon City. Seeking volunteers to speak for abused and neglected children in the juvenile court system. Information session first Wednesday of every month. Call 503-723-0521 or visit www.casa-cc.org .
· FIRST WEDNESDAY AT THE HERITAGE HOUSE - 7 p.m., Oswego Heritage House, 398 10th St. Speaker Jerry Knippel, Oswego Iron Furnace Preservation Project. Free to Heritage Council members, $5 for non-members. Contact 503-635-6373.
· EVIRONMENTAL ISSUES STUDY GROUP - 6:45 p.m., West Linn Public Library. Group reads books and discusses issues pertaining to environmental issues, such as green living and sustainability.
THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 6
· WEST LINN CHAMBER NETWORKING - 5 to 6:30 p.m., 72 Degrees/Air Pride, 18605 Willamette Dr.
· COMPREHENSIVE PLAN UPDATE OPEN HOUSE - 6 to 7:30 p.m., Lake Oswego City Hall Council Chambers. Review and update of the City's Comprehensive Plan. Open to the public; contact Sid Sin at 503-697-7421 .
· TANNER BASIN NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION - 7 p.m., West Linn City Hall.
Send news of your event to What's Happening, Review/Tidings, P.O. Box 548, Lake Oswego, Ore. 97034. Deadline for submissions is noon Friday before the next publication date.