THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 6
· WEST LINN CHAMBER NETWORKING - 5 to 6:30 p.m., Air Pride 72 Degrees, 18603 Willamette Dr., West Linn.
· LAKE OSWEGO COMPREHENSIVE PLAN UPDATE OPEN HOUSE - 6 to 7:30 p.m., Lake Oswego City Hall Council Chambers. Review and update of the city's Comprehensive Plan. Open to the public contact Sid Sin at 503-697-7421 .
· TANNER BASIN NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION - 7 p.m., West Linn City Hall.
· ARE YOU AT RISK FOR CLOGGED ARTERIES? - 6:30 to 8 p.m., Legacy Meridian Park Hospital. A focus on leg and carotid disease with Dr. Alexander Nicoloff a vascular surgeon and Jane Schuster a registered dietitian. Free.
· NEWCOMERS WELCOME CLUB NEW MEMBER COFFEE - 10:30 a.m., location to be determined contact Joanne at 503-656-1924. Welcome group for newcomers, empty nesters, singles, retirees and neighbors.
· LAKE OSWEGO LIBRARY ADVISORY BOARD- 7 p.m., Library, 706 4th St.
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 7
· BREAKFAST AT 'THE TABLE' - 6 to 8 a.m., Willamette Christian Church, 2015 8th Ave., West Linn. Serving the needs of the community; free and open to everybody. Donations accepted by Anne Rowell at 503-651-3840.
· JOB FINDERS SUPPORT GROUP - Noon to 2 p.m. at Capitol Hill Library, 10723 SW Capitol Highway, Portland. Contact Cleon Cox 503-684-3581.
· LAKE OSWEGO CHAMBER NETWORKING - 8 to 9 a.m., Oregon National Guard Armory, 1915 South Shore Blvd.
· WALLMASTERS TOASTMASTERS - 6:45 a.m., TOC Management
Services, 6825 SW Sandburg Rd., Tigard.
· LAKERIDGE PACER and PEERS CLUBS 'FOSTERING RESPONSIBILITY AND A POSITIVE WORK ETHIC' - 8:30 a.m. social, 9 a.m. business meeting, 9:30 a.m. lecture by Dr. Jeff Sosne, clinical psychologist and author of two practical guides for parents and school personnel. Lakeridge High School rotunda.
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 8
· IVY LEAGUE - 8 a.m. to noon, Mary S. Young Park. Volunteer to remove invasive species. Meet at the shed in the gravel parking lot. Bring work gloves, wheelbarrows and shovels provided.
· REED COLLEGE POST-ELECTION PANEL - 2 p.m., Reed College, Vollum lecture hall, 3203 Woodstock Blvd., Portland. Free. Paul Gronke, Reed political science professor, Caroline Tolbert of the University of Iowa and Robert Eisinger of Lewis and Clark College will discuss campaigns, the results and election's lasting implications.
· CHILD SAFETY SEAT CLINIC - 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Lake Oswego Main Fire Station.
· VOLUNTEER CALL FOR STORM DRAIN MARKING - 9 a.m., Palisades Elemen-tary School parking lot. Palisades Girls Scouts need help with clean streams project of marking neighborhood storm drains. Street must be dry and temperature above 45 degrees or project will be canceled.
· AMERICAN ASSOCIATION OF UNIVERSITY WOMEN - 9:30 a.m., Oswego Heritage House, 10th and A St., Lake Oswego. Speakers: Christine Culver, Marylhurst student on National Conference for Women Student Leaders; Jennifer Sasser, associate professor Marylhurst University; Dennis Finnigan, mentor to Marylhurst students.
SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 9
· FUTURE STARS YOUTH COMMUNICATION AND LEADERSHIP CLUB - 5 to 6:15 p.m., Cascade Summit Apartments Clubhouse, 22100 Horizon Dr., West Linn. Based on Toastmasters model. Open to all, contact Cathey Armillas at 503-453-7785.
· COOK'S BUTTE IVY PULL - 9 to 11 a.m., Bring family, neighbors, gloves and work clothes. Meet at the entrance to the park off Atherton Drive pathway. Contact Dough Rich 503-680-0525 .
· IRON MOUNTIAN PARK/FRIENDS OF BROOKSIDE RESTORATION WORK PARTY - 1 to 3 p.m., Help restore and maintain Brookside entrance to Iron Mountain Park. Contact 503-534-5742.
· HOLIDAY HELP FOR HURTING HEARTS - 3 to 4 p.m., Willamette Falls Hospital, 1500 Division St., Oregon City. Free talks for those in grief during holidays. Register 503-655-7581.
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 10
· LAKE OSWEGO TOASTMASTERS - - 6:30 to 8 p.m., Otak, 17355 S.W. Boones Ferry Rd. For information call David Jamieson at 503-310-3495 or visit lakeoswegotoastmasters.com .
· LOACC COMPUTER USER'S GROUP - 9 a.m. Intel - 'Technology and Spirit: a convergence of science and sentience' with Perry Gruber
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 11
· PALISADES GARDEN CLUB - 10 a.m. Join for 'tea' at the Stash Tea Company. For details call Patricia Wagner at 503-636-5338.
· SCRABBLE CLUB - 6:45 p.m., Lakewood Center for the Arts. Club meets weekly. Contact Ruth Hamilton 503-675-7663.
· GRUPO DE CHARLAR - 6 to 8 p.m. at West Linn Public Library. Open to Spanish speakers of all skill levels, or Spanish speakers who would like to practice their English.
· DE-STRESS THE HOLIDAYS - 6:30 to 8 p.m. Class taught by Diane Warren, MA, SD at The Angel Center, 15964 Boones Ferry Rd., Ste. 102, Lake Oswego. Students create a vision of how they would like their life to be in their relationships, community, prosperity and success. $15 donation to Clackamas Women's center.
· ROBINWOOD NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION - 7 p.m., Emmanuel Presbyterian Church, West Linn.
· FINDING MEDICAL INFORMATION ON THE WEB - 9 a.m. to noon, Willamette Falls Hospital's Health Resource Library, 1500 Division St., Oregon City. Free class to help Web users find health info on the Internet. By appointment. Class also held on Nov. 12. Call 503-723-6504.
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 12
· WEST LINN MID-DAY NETWORKING - 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Bullseye Coffee, 1980 Willamette Falls Dr., Suite 120, 503-655-6744.
· AARP DRIVER SAFETY PROGRAM - 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Legacy Meridian Park Hospital. A refresher course on driving for people of all ages. Cost $10. Registration is required call 503-335-3500. Course is also offered on Thursday, Nov. 13.
· WEB OPEN HOUSE - 4 to 6 p.m., West End Building, 4101 Kruse Way, Lake Oswego. Learn more about the West End Building and share your thoughts and opinions on the future of the property. Meet in the lobby. Contact Brant Williams 503-635-6138.
· HOME BASED BUSINESS GROUP MEETING - 4 to 6 p.m., Pacific West Bank, 2040 8th Ave, West Linn.
· WILLAMETTE NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION - 7 p.m., Pacific West Bank Community Room, 2040 8th Ave., West Linn.
THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 13
· 50+ ADVISORY BOARD - 8:30 a.m., West End Building, 2nd Floor. Contact Ann Adrian 503-635-3758 .
· WEST LINN CHAMBER NETWORKING - 5 to 6:30 p.m., Looking for a host.
Send news of your event to What's Happening, Review/Tidings, P.O. Box 548, Lake Oswego, Ore. 97034. Deadline for submissions is noon Friday before the next publication date.