THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 27
Happy Thanksgiving. City offices, libraries, banks, post offices and the Lake Oswego Review and West Linn Tidings office will be closed.
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 28
· BREAKFAST AT 'THE TABLE' - 6 to 8 a.m., Willamette Christian Church, 2015 8th Ave., West Linn. Serving the needs of the community; free and open to everybody. Donations accepted by Anne Rowell at 503-651-3840.
SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 30
· FUTURE STARS YOUTH COMMUNICATION AND LEADERSHIP CLUB - 5 to 6:15 p.m., Cascade Summit Apartments Clubhouse, 22100 Horizon Dr., West Linn. Based on Toastmasters model. Open to all, contact Cathey Armillas at 503-453-7785.
MONDAY, DECEMBER 1
· LAKE OSWEGO TOASTMASTERS - 6:30 to 8 p.m., Otak, 17355 S.W. Boones Ferry Rd. For information call David Jamieson at 503-310-3495 or visit lakeoswegotoastmasters.com .
· COMPUTER USER'S GROUP - 9:30 a.m., Lake Oswego Adult Community Center.
· WEST LINN GARDEN CLUB - 7 p.m., West Linn Lutheran Church, 20390 Willamette Dr. Workshop with dried kissing balls and a make-your-own birdbath demo. Holiday gift exchange. Guests are welcome.
TUESDAY, DECEMBER 2
· SCRABBLE CLUB - 6:45 p.m., Lakewood Center for the Arts. Club meets weekly. Contact Ruth Hamilton 503-675-7663.
· GRUPO DE CHARLAR - 6 to 8 p.m. at West Linn Public Library. Open to Spanish speakers of all skill levels, or Spanish speakers who would like to practice their English.
· EVERGREEN NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION - 7 p.m., Lake Oswego City Hall, first floor meeting room. Contact Joy Strull 503-636-3701.
· LAKE OSWEGO TURKEY DRIVE - Students at Forest Hills Elementary, Lake Oswego High Junior High and Lake Oswego High School will be accepting frozen turkeys and donations at the student drop off/pick up areas before and after school. All donations for the Oregon Food Bank. Contact Evie Fusion 503-381-5496 or Babs Hamachek at 503-636-4072. Turkey drive will be held again on Wednesday, Dec. 3.
WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 3
· COURT APPOINTED SPECIAL ADVOCATES (CASA) - 6 to 7 p.m., 1001 S.W. Molalla Ave., Suite 203, Oregon City. Information session for volunteers interested in speaking for abused and neglected children in the juvenile court system. www.casa-cc.org or 503-723-0521.
THURSDAY, DECEMBER 4
· CLACKAMAS COUNTY HISTORICAL SOCIETY QUARTERLY MEMBERSHIP MEETING - 6:30 p.m., Museum of the Oregon Territory, 211 Tumwater Dr., Oregon City. Presentation on the Andrew J. and Anna B. Johnston Farmstead by Shirley Wilson. Free and open to the public. Contact Kristin Krahmer 503-657-9336 x 101.
· WEST LINN CHAMBER NETWORKING - 5 to 6:30 p.m., Tanner Spring Assisted Living, 23000 Horizon Dr.
Send news of your event to What's Happening, Review/Tidings, P.O. Box 548, Lake Oswego, Ore. 97034. Deadline for submissions is noon Friday before the next publication date.