- Lake Oswego Review - News
THURSDAY, DECEMBER 4
· CLACKAMAS COUNTY HISTORICAL SOCIETY QUARTERLY MEMBERSHIP MEETING - 6:30 p.m., Museum of the Oregon Territory, 211 Tumwater Dr., Oregon City. Presentation on the Andrew J. and Anna B. Johnston Farmstead by Shirley Wilson. Free and open to the public. Contact Kristin Krahmer 503-657-9336 x 101.
· WEST LINN CHAMBER NETWORKING - 5 to 6:30 p.m., Tanner Spring Assisted Living, 23000 Horizon Dr.
· THE STAFFORD RETIREMENT COMMUNITY HOLIDAY PARTY - 2:30 to 3:30 p.m. Michael Allen Harrison, piano; 2:30 to 5 p.m. Betty Wood Gimarelli signing Christmas ornaments; 3:30 to 4 p.m., Lakeridge High School Company performance; 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. Fireside Carolers, 5 to 6 p.m. Santa. Free and open to the public. 1200 Overlook, Lake Oswego, 503-636-4589.
FRIDAY, DECEMBER 5
· BREAKFAST AT 'THE TABLE' - 6 to 8 a.m., Willamette Christian Church, 2015 8th Ave., West Linn. Serving the needs of the community; free and open to everybody. Donations accepted by Anne Rowell at 503-651-3840.
· LAKE OSWEGO NEIGHBORHOOD ACTION COALITION (LONAC) - 9:30 a.m., Oswego Heritage House, 10th St. and A Ave. Public forum to discuss city and neighborhood issues.
· LAKE OSWEGO CHAMBER NETWORKING - 8 to 9 a.m., Petroff Center, 17720 Jean Way, Suite 100.
SATURDAY, DECEMBER 6
· LOUMC HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS BAZAAR - 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Lake Oswego United Methodist Church, 1855 South Shore Blvd. Hand-made gifts, decorations, children's store, bakery, and more. Proceeds benefit mission programs.
· WEST LINN LIBRARY COMPUTER CLASS: DIGITAL PHOTO BASICS - 9:30 a.m. Ninety-minute class will cover the basics of organizing, editing, sharing and printing digital photos. Free.
· WALUGA LODGE, A.F. AND A.M. - 8 a.m. breakfast followed by 9 a.m. tiled meeting at 417 2nd St., Lake Oswego. Contact Mike Gates, Master of the Lodge at 503-657-3683.
SUNDAY, DECEMBER 7
· FUTURE STARS YOUTH COMMUNICATION AND LEADERSHIP CLUB - 5 to 6:15 p.m., Cascade Summit Apartments Clubhouse, 22100 Horizon Dr., West Linn. Based on Toastmasters model. Open to all, contact Cathey Armillas at 503-453-7785.
MONDAY, DECEMBER 8
· LAKE OSWEGO TOASTMASTERS - 6:30 to 8 p.m., Otak, 17355 S.W. Boones Ferry Rd. For information call David Jamieson at 503-310-3495 or visit lakeoswegotoastmasters.com .
· THE STAFFORD RETIREMENT COMMUNITY MAC BALLADEERS CHOIR - 7:30 p.m. choir, mulled wine, dessert, coffee. Free and open to the public. 1200 Overlook, Lake Oswego, 503-636-4589.
· STAFFORD TUALATIN CITIZEN PLANNING ORGANIZATION (CPO) - 7:30 p.m., Stafford Elementary School, multipurpose room. Contact Sally Visher 503-638-9494.
TUESDAY, DECEMBER 9
· SCRABBLE CLUB - 6:45 p.m., Lakewood Center for the Arts. Club meets weekly. Contact Ruth Hamilton 503-675-7663.
· GRUPO DE CHARLAR - 6 to 8 p.m. at West Linn Public Library. Open to Spanish speakers of all skill levels, or Spanish speakers who would like to practice their English.
· WEST LINN LIBRARY NEWBERRY BOOK CLUB - 4:15 p.m. Fourth through seventh graders invited to pick Newberry winners for book club discussion. Sign-up is required at Youth Services desk 503-656-7853 x4.
· WEST LINN LIBRARY TERRIFIC TUESDAY - 6:30 p.m., Chris Leebrick presents 'The Grinch Who Stole Christmas' and other winter tales.
· WEST LINN CHAMBER HOLIDAY MIXER - 5 to 7 p.m., Centanni Brick Oven and Martini Lounge, 22000 Willamette Dr., West Linn. Hors d'oeuvres, raffle prizes, no host bar. Benefit for the Children's Center of Clackamas County. Contact 503-655-6744.
WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 10
· WEST LINN CHAMBER HOME BASED BUSINESS GROUP - 4 to 5 p.m., 'Designing for Success 2009: Beyond the Numbers.' Pacific West Bank, 2040 8th Ave., please register for this event 503-655-6744.
THURSDAY, DECEMBER 11
· PALISADES NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION BOARD - 7 to 9 p.m., Lakeridge High School rotunda. Contact Sally Moncrieff at 503-482-5910.
· WALUGA NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION BOARD - 7 p.m., Lake Grove Elementary School. Contact Jeff Novak 503-635-6664.
· 50+ ADVISORY BOARD - 8:30 a.m., West End Building, 2nd Floor, 4101 Kruse Way, Lake Oswego. Contact Ann Adrian 503-635-3758.
Send news of your event to What's Happening, Review/Tidings, P.O. Box 548, Lake Oswego, Ore. 97034. Deadline for submissions is noon Friday before the next publication date.