- Lake Oswego Review - News
THURSDAY, DECEMBER 25
· MERRY CHRISTMAS - Virtually all businesses, including the Lake Oswego Review and the West Linn Tidings will be closed today along with government offices except emergency services. The combined staffs of the Review and Tidings wish all our readers a very happy holiday.
FRIDAY, DECEMBER 26
· WALLMASTERS TOASTMASTERS - 6:45 a.m., TOC Management Services, 6825 SW Sandburg Rd., Tigard. Contact Cleon Cox 503-684-3581.
· JOB FINDERS SUPPORT GROUP - Noon to 2 p.m. at Capitol Hill Library, 10723 SW Capitol Highway, Portland. Contact Cleon Cox 503-684-3581.
· HOLIDAY TREE AND GREENERY RECYCLING - 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Local scout groups will collect Christmas trees and wreaths for recycling at George Rogers Park, Dec. 26, 27, 28, Jan. 3, 4; Westlake Park, Dec. 27, 28, Jan. 3, 4. There will be a small fee or request for donation. For additional information, contact the citizen information center at 503-635-0247.
SATURDAY, DECEMBER 27
· TRYON CREEK IVY PULL - 9 a.m. to noon. Remove ground ivy to preserve the diversity and health of Tryon Creek State Park. Wear sturdy shoes and long pants. Contact Amy Hoffman at 503-636-4398.
SUNDAY, DECEMBER 28
· FUTURE STARS YOUTH COMMUNICATION AND LEADERSHIP CLUB - 5 to 6:15 p.m., Cascade Summit Apartments Clubhouse, 22100 Horizon Dr., West Linn. Based on Toastmasters model. Open to all, contact Cathey Armillas at 503-453-7785.
TUESDAY, DECEMBER 30
· SCRABBLE CLUB - 6:45 p.m., Lakewood Center for the Arts. Club meets weekly. Contact Ruth Hamilton 503-675-7663.
· GRUPO DE CHARLAR - 6 to 8 p.m. at West Linn Public Library. Open to Spanish speakers of all skill levels, or Spanish speakers who would like to practice their English.
· WEST LINN LIBRARY NEWBERY BOOK CLUB - 4:15 p.m., Mock Newbery Book Club for 4th-7th graders. Sign-up is required at 503-656-7853 x 4.
Send news of your event to What's Happening, Review/Tidings, P.O. Box 548, Lake Oswego, Ore. 97034. Deadline for submissions is noon Friday before the next publication date.