- Lake Oswego Review - News
THURSDAY, JAN 18
· LAKEWOOD CENTER ASSOCIATES MEETING AND LUNCH - Smart Eating, Smart Exercise, Smart Living by Rhonda Gates. $8 includes lunch. Reservations required at 503-699-5536.
· WILLIAM STAFFORD READINGS - 7 p.m. Literary Arts Center, Roger Rook Hall 220, Clackamas Community College, 19600 S. Molalla Ave., Oregon City.
FRIDAY, JAN. 19
SATURDAY, JAN. 20
· WILLIAM STAFFORD READINGS - 2-4 p.m. Marylhurst University, Willow Room, Clark Commons. Hosted by Joan Maiers with five readers.
SUNDAY, JAN. 21
· COMMUNITY DIALOGUE: IMPLEMENTING THE EVERGREEN NEIGHBORHOOD PLAN - 4-5:30 p.m. Lake Oswego City Hall Council Chamber. To review plan, ask at City Hall or online at www.ci.oswego.or.us/plan. Questions: Warren Bacon, 503-635-6755.
MONDAY, JAN 22
· RIVERGROVE WATER DISTRICT FIRE PROTECTION TASK FORCE - 8:30 a.m. 17661 Pilkington Road.
· LOACC-CLC USERS GROUP (COMPUTER USERS GROUP) - 9:30-11 a.m. Lake Oswego Adult Community Center, 505 G Ave. Turbo Tax Part II presented by Dick Steingraber.
· OREGON RIGHT TO LIFE - 7 p.m. Our Lady of the Lake, 650 A Ave. Fireside Room. Guest speaker Gayle Atteberry, director of Oregon Right to Life will speak on 'Reaching Oregonians with a Message of Life: The Successes and Challenges.'Info: Sharon, 503-675-1874. Sponsored by Respect Life Committee. Fellowship and refreshments afterwards.
TUESDAY, JAN 23
· KRUSE WAY ROTARY - Noon-1:15 p.m., 15555 S.W. Bangy Road. Every Tuesday. Buffet lunch, $12. Program: Kim Gilmer, city of LO Parks and Rec.
· PFLAG (CLACKAMAS COUNTY PARENTS, FAMILIES AND FRIENDS OF LESBIANS AND GAYS) - 7-9 p.m. Atkinson Memorial Church, 710 Sixth St., Oregon City. Group meets each fourth Tuesday. Information: 503-998-1450 or visit www.clackamaspflag.org
WEDNESDAY, JAN 24
· COMPUTER LAB - 12:30-2 p.m. Lake Oswego Adult Community Center. Open to all that need additional help.
· WILLIAM STAFFORD READINGS - 1-3 p.m. PCC, Sylvania campus, Little Theater, CT 201. Hosted by FWS board member Tim Barnes, with five readers.
· RIVERGROVE WATER DISTRICT BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS - 3 p.m. 17661 Pilkington Road.
· SMART VS. SUCCESSFUL - SMART KIDS ALWAYS DO WELL, DON'T THEY? - 7-9 p.m. Lake Oswego High School library. Lake Oswego Talented and Gifted PTA hosts Dr. Jeff Sosne, clinical psychologist. Free to LOTAG-PTA members; $5 non-members. Info: Sandy Leybold, 503-598-7988.
· MT. PARK RENOVATION COMMITTEE TOWN HALL MEETING - 7 p.m. Recreation Center. Important meeting regarding maintaining your investment (your home and rec center). All residents urged to attend.
THURSDAY, JAN 25
· GLAUCOMA SCREEN EYE TEST - 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Legacy Meridian Park Hospital outpatient waiting area. Free testing by Devers Eye Institute. No appointments necessary.
Send news of your event to What's Happening, Review/Tidings, P.O. Box 548, Lake Oswego, OR 97034. Deadline for submissions is noon Friday before the next publication date.