THURSDAY, MARCH 1
· WELCOME WAGON MEET AND GREET COFFEE - 10:30-11:30 a.m. Held first Thursday of each month. For information, call 503-495-3841 or visit www.NewcomersWelcomeWagon.com.
· MISSING PIECES AND WHOLE STORIES: COMING HOME FROM COMBAT: VETERANS' PERSPECTIVES - 4 p.m. South Campus Conference Center, Room 101, Lewis and Clark College. Veterans and their families will speak about their experiences during and after deployment. Focuses on ways schools, social service agencies, neighborhood groups and individual citizens can be of support to veterans and their families.
· ANNUAL ARTS IN ACTION NIGHT - 6-8:30 p.m. Rosemont Ridge Middle School, 20001 Salamo Road. Includes Rosemont Idol competition, art games, activity carnival and cultural café. This event is for everyone.
· HEALTHY HORSES SEMINAR - 6-9 p.m. Athey Creek Middle School, 2900 S.E. Borland Road. Free presentation sponsored by Clackamas Soil and Water Conservation District and Water Environmental Services. Veterinarian Dr. Nataska Lefkowitz will also discuss issues. Register at 503-656-3499.
FRIDAY, MARCH 2
SATURDAY, MARCH 3
· HORSE TOUR - 9 a.m.-noon. Greyhorse Farm, 29300 S.W. Heater Road, Sherwood. Sponsored by Clackamas Soil and Water Conservation District. Free. This is a small horse farm that has installed a Winter Turnout (mud control area) and is working on pasture management. Register at 503-656-3499.
· LAKE OSWEGO NEIGHBORHOOD ACTION COALITION (LONAC) MEETING - 9:30 a.m. Oswego Heritage House, corner of 10th Street and A Avenue. Visitors and neighborhood representatives who want to participate in city/neighborhood issues welcome.
SUNDAY, MARCH 4
· WEST HILLS MONTESSORI SCHOOL OPEN HOUSE - 1-3 p.m. Open house for all. Evening of introduction for parents only will take place same day, 6:30-7:30 p.m. 4515 Parkview Drive, Lake Oswego. 503-636-1408.
MONDAY, MARCH 5
· LOACC-CLC USERS GROUP (COMPUTER USERS GROUP) - 9:30-11 a.m. Lake Oswego Adult Community Center, 505 G Ave.
· WEST LINN GARDEN CLUB - 7 p.m. West Linn Lutheran Church, 20390 Willamette Drive. Member Maret Frye will present a film and talk on the gardens and tea plantations of India and Sri Lanka. Refreshments served.
WEDNESDAY, MARCH 7
· COMPUTER LAB - 12:30-2 p.m. Lake Oswego Adult Community Center. Open to all that need additional help.
· CHILD ADVOCATES INC. (CASA) - 5-7 p.m. 421 High St., Oregon City. Seeking volunteers to serve as Court Appointed Special Advocates to speak for abused/neglected children in the juvenile court system. Information session first Wednesday of each month. Learn how to help abused and neglected children in Clackamas County. For information, call 503-723-0521 or visit www.casa-cc.org
THURSDAY, MARCH 8
· WELCOME WAGON MONTHLY LUNCHEON - 11 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Held second Thursday each month. Advance reservations required. Information: Noelle, 503-495-3841 or visit www.NewcomersWelcomeWagon.com.
· MAC USERS GROUP - 12:30 p.m. Lake Oswego Adult Community Center Computer Lab. All MAC users invited.
· OLD TOWN NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION - 7:30 p.m. Lakewood Center Community Room, 368 S. State St. Enter on Middlecrest at street level. Agenda: George Rogers Park project goals and neighborhood input; business meeting to include a proposed bylaw change. Coffee and dessert. Questions: Jeannie McGuire, 503-697-3327.
FRIDAY, MARCH 9
· HOLLY ORCHARD NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION - 9:30 a.m. 4076 Colts Foot Lane. Agenda may be found on www.neighborhoodlink.com/org/HollyOrchard.
Send news of your event to What's Happening, Review/Tidings, P.O. Box 548, Lake Oswego, Ore., 97034. Deadline for submissions is noon Friday before the next publication date.