• Job Finders Support Group, noon to 2 p.m., Capitol Hill Library, 10723 S.W. Capitol Highway. Call 503-684-3581 or visit www.jobfinderssupport.com.
• Pesticide-free parks work party, 9 a.m. to noon, Arbor Lodge Park, North Bryant Street and Greeley Avenue, snacks, gloves and tools provided. Call 503-423-7549.
• Oregon Humane Society adoption outreach, noon to 4 p.m., Furever Pets, 1902 N.E. Broadway. Call 503-416-5026 or visit www.oregonhumane.org.
• Portland community meetings: Old Town Chinatown board of directors, 4:30 p.m., Port of Portland, 121 N.W. Everett St.; South Portland transportation committee, 8 a.m. Running Outfitters, 2337 S.W. Sixth Ave.; Pearl planning committee, 6 p.m., Pacific Northwest College of Art, 1241 N.W. Johnson St.; East Precinct Citizens Advisory Committee, 6 p.m., East Precinct Community Room, 737 S.E. 106th Ave.; Homestead, 7 p.m., Oregon Health and Science University, 707 S.W. Gaines St., third floor. For information, visit www.portland online.com/oni.
• 'China's Architectural Boom: Opportunities and Challenges,' sponsored by Northwest China Council's China Business Network, noon to 1:30 p.m., House of Louie, 331 N.W. Davis St., $20 members, $30 general, $15 students with ID, add $5 for on-site registration. Call 503-973-5451 or visit www.nwchina.org.
• University of Utah Hebrew professor Harris Lenowitz lecture, 4 p.m., University of Portland campus, 5000 N. Willamette Blvd., Buckley Center Auditorium. Call 503-943-7702.
• 'Unseen: A HOME Project,' documentary about homelessness among youth in North/Northeast Portland sponsored by the City of Portland, 6 p.m., Interstate Firehouse Cultural Center, 5340 N. Interstate Ave. Call
503-735-1825, ext. 45.
• 'Didn't Get Permits for That Project … and Now You Need to 'Get Legal?' ' part of city of Portland's 'Lunch and Learn' brown bag series, noon to 1:30 p.m. March 9, 1900 S.W. Fourth Ave., second floor, Conference Room 2500-A. Visit www.portlandonline.com/bds.
• Oregon Governor's Occupational Safety and Health Conference, March 12-15, Oregon Convention Center, 777 N.E. Martin Luther King Blvd., 30-plus workshops and 80 single-topic classes on safety and health topics. Call 503-378-3272 for information; register at www.orosha.org.
• Gardening workshops on a wide range of topics, including planting and caring for a vegetable plot, 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. Wednesday, through March 28, Oregon Food Bank's Learning Garden, 7900 N.E. 33rd Drive. To register, call 503-282-0555, ext. 268.