Trailer, barn go up in fiery explosion
- Clinton Vining
- Estacada News - News
Man saves himself and his dog from last week's third structure fire
An Estacada man was able to grab his dog and escape his camper trailer home before it burst into flames last week.
Exploding propane tanks shook nearby homes and sent flames flying up a 100-foot evergreen tree above the fifth-wheel trailer late Thursday afternoon off of Southeast Coupland Road, west of Southeast Currin Road.
Fire officials believe the fire started due to faulty electrical wiring in the barn that the trailer was parked in. No one was injured in the fire.
The trailer and the barn were a complete loss, according to Estacada Rural Fire District Chief Alan Hull. When firefighters arrived at the scene, the fire was already fully involved.
The blaze was the third structure fire of the week. Estacada firefighters responded to an attic and a roof fire last week. Malfunctioning chimneys caused both fires.
The attic fire on South Hillockburn Road on Tuesday morning caused about $5,000 of damage. Wednesday's roof fire at a home on Southeast Porter Road in the Garfield neighborhood caused approximately $10,000 in damage.
These fires come after Estacada had three house fires and a burned barn in January. All of the fires have been ruled non-suspicious and unrelated.