News about area fundraisers and volunteer opportunities
• The Chair Affair, a benefit for the Community Warehouse featuring an auction of 50 chairs re-created by local artists, 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. Sunday, April 1, Design Within Reach, 1200 N.W. Everett St., $50. For tickets, call 503-224-0711. For information, visit www.communitywarehouse.org, or call 503-701-8048.
• Do North, gala awards ceremony and reception, 6:30 p.m. Sunday, April 1, Interstate Firehouse Cultural Center, 5340 N. Interstate Ave. To register, call 503-823-4322.
• Annie Ross Easter Egg Hunt, benefits disadvantaged children, sponsored by National Honor Society students from Rex Putnam and Milwaukie high schools, noon April 7, Rex Putnam High School, 4950 S.E. Roethe Road, Milwaukie. Call 503-353-5870.
• National Donate Life Month, launch of new statewide online donor registry by National Donate Life, featuring music performance by Curtis Salgado, noon to 1 p.m. Monday, April 2, Pioneer Courthouse Square, Southwest Sixth Avenue and Morrison Street. For information, visit www.donatelifenw.org.
• Can drive, benefits the Parkrose Middle School football team, hosted by the Parkrose High School Booster Club, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. April 7, Parkrose Middle School, 11800 N.E. Shaver St. Call 503-408-2613.
RESULTS ARE IN
• The Jefferson Volunteer Firefighters Association recently presented the Oregon Burn Center with a check for $2,800. The fire district raised the funds through their annual 5-5-5 Bowling Classic Tournament held at Lakeshore Lanes in Albany. Eighteen five-person teams from various fire departments throughout the Willamette Valley bowled five games in five hours.
• The Wolf (99.5 FM) Hunt for a Cure radiothon raised a record $608,000 in 2,500 pledges for Doernbecher Children's Hospital. The funds will be used to support biomedical research labs, equipment updates, uncompensated care and recruitment of top health professionals.
Events are free unless noted. See Page A2 for how to notify the Tribune about events. The full Chipping In calendar is at www.portlandtribune.com.