A roundup of events geared toward healthy living
• Town hall meeting, Oregon Health and Science University hosts a town hall meeting to launch the OHSU Brain Institute, 4:30 p.m. to 8 p.m., Oregon Health and Science University, Marquam Hill Campus, 3181 SW. Sam Jackson Park Road, OHSU Auditorium (old library building). Register at www.oregonbrains.org, or call 503-494-8181.
• Self-Discovery Through Acting, learn basic acting techniques and develop confidence while exploring the creative process, 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., New Renaissance Bookshop, 1338 N.W. 23rd Ave., $35. To register, call 503-224-4929.
• Senior Fitness Academy, 12 weekly classes including exercise and information, sponsored by Adventist Health and Medical Center, 10123 S.E. Market St., $65. To register, call 503-256-4000.
• Bio-identical Hormone Replacement, find out how bio-identical hormones are being used with Dr. Teresita Martinez, 7 p.m. to 8 p.m., Whole Foods Market, 1210 N.W. Couch St. Call 503-525-4343 or visit www.wholefoodsmarket.com.
• Asthma Management, two-session class includes handbook, 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., Adventist Health and Medical Center, 10123 S.E. Market St. To register, call 503-256-4000.
• Mindful Cooking/Mindful Eating, limited to 10 participants, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. April 7, Portland Health and Wellness, 1801 S.E. Ankeny St., $180. To register, call 503-236-4506.
• Healthy Kids Fair, features Easter egg hunt, teddy bear clinic, car seat safety check, $5 bike helmets, mercury thermometer exchange, fire engine, police car and more, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. April 7, Legacy Emanuel Children's Hospital, 2801 N. Gantenbein Ave. 503-335-3500.
• The Heartbeat 5K Run/Walk, includes fair featuring chair massages, gait analysis, healthy snacks, beverages, fitness screenings, family activities, prizes and goody bags, 10 a.m. April 7, Portland Community College Sylvania Campus, 12000 S.W. 49th Ave., $20 registration after March 30, children 12 and under free. Call 503-977-4215, or visit www.pcc.edu/heartbeat5K.com.
• Anxiety, Depression and Panic: Calming the Emotional Roller Coaster, a free health event, part of the Providence Women's Wellness Series, 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. April 9, Providence Portland Medical Center, 4805 N.E. Glisan St., Social Room. To register, visit www.providence.org/classes, or call 503-574-6595.