In Good Health
- Portland Tribune - News
A roundup of events geared toward healthy living
• Bike/skateboard helmet sale, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Legacy Emanuel Hospital and Health Center, 2801 N. Gantenbein Ave., $5 per helmet, free fitting. Visit www.legacyhealth.org.
• Living With Heart Failure, part of the Heart Healthy for Life Learning Series, 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., Providence Portland Medical Center, 4805 N.E. Glisan St. To register, call 503-574-6595.
• Autoimmune Diseases: Natural Treatment Options, 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m, New Seasons Market Seven Corners, 1954 S.E. Division St. Call 503-445-2888.
• Sports Nutrition: Eating for Athletic Performance, 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., New Seasons Market Cedar Hills Crossing store, 3495 Cedar Hills Blvd. Call 503-641-4181.
• Cancer Support, features education, support and coping skills for those with cancer and their support groups, 4 p.m. to 5:30 p.m., location varies. To register, call 503-251-6305.
• Nutrition and Cancer: What Do We Know?, learn about nutrition before, during and after a cancer diagnosis, 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m., Legacy Meridian Park Hospital, 19300 S.W. 65th Ave. Tualatin. To register, call 503-335-3500.
• Cancer Control: The Mastery and the Mystery, brown-bag discussion sponsored by Oregon Health and Science University, noon to 1 p.m., Nordstrom, 701 S.W. Broadway, fourth floor conference room, accessible through customer service on the third floor. For driving directions, call 503-224-6666, ext. 1840. Visit www.ohsuwomenshealth.com/community/bbag/index.html.
• Coping With Mental Illness in the Family, 12-week series geared toward the caregiver, 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., Legacy Emanuel Hospital and Health Center, 2801 N. Gantenbein Ave. To register, call the Portland chapter of the National Alliance for the Mentally Ill, 503-230-8009.
• Siblings and Birth, helps prepare the family, including brothers and sisters, for a new baby, 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. April 16, Adventist Health and Medical Center, 10123 S.E. Market St., second level, Family Birth Place, $25 per family. To register, call 503-256-4000.