- Lake Oswego Review - News
THURSDAY, APRIL 12
· WELCOME WAGON MONTHLY LUNCHEON - 11 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Held second Thursday each month. Advance reservations required. Information: Noelle, 503-495-3841 or visit www.NewcomersWelcomeWagon.com.
· MAC SPECIAL INTEREST GROUP - 12:30 p.m. Lake Oswego Adult Community Center. Second and fourth Thursdays. All are welcome.
· MARYLHURST TOASTMASTERS CLUB - 6:30-7:30 p.m. Shoen Library. All guests welcome. Meets each Thursday.
SATURDAY, APRIL 14
.· STAFFORD HAMLET TOWN HALL MEETING - 10 a.m.-noon. Athey Creek Middle School, 2900 S.W. Borland Road. Metro councilor Brian Newman will talk about Metro's 2040 growth concept and how it may apply to Stafford Basin.
· AMERICAN ASSOCIATION OF UNIVERSITY WOMEN (AAUW) TEA AND BOOKS - Noon-2 p.m. Oswego Heritage House, 10th Street and A Avenue. Luncheon tea and book sale fundraiser. Tea is $10. Books sell for $3 to $5. Visitors welcome. Reservations: Ann Pritchard, 503-670-7934. Info: www.loaauw.org
MONDAY, APRIL 16
· LOACC-CLC USERS GROUP (COMPUTER USERS GROUP) - 9:30-11 a.m. Lake Oswego Adult Community Center, 505 G Ave. Tips review with Mary Lou Solid.
· BOLTON NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION - 7 p.m. Bolton Primary School. Agenda: discussion and update on Highway 43 study; Re-Imagine West Linn; neighborhood association changes proposed by city council.
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 18
· COMPUTER LAB - 12:30-2 p.m. Lake Oswego Adult Community Center. Open to all that need additional help.
· LAKE OSWEGO WOMEN'S COALITION - 11:45 a.m.-1:15 p.m. Oswego Lake Country Club. Mayor Judie Hammerstad will deliver the State of the City address. There will be time for questions and comments. $13. Reservations a must at 503-636-3634. Info: Linda Brown, 503-638-1566.
· RIVERGROVE WATER DISTRICT BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS MEETING - 3 p.m. 17661 Pilkington Road.
THURSDAY, APRIL 19
· WELCOME WAGON HEART-T0-HEART - 8:30 a.m.-noon. Third Thursday each month members gather to fulfill requests by local charities. 503-495-3841 or visit www.NewcomersWelcomeWagon.com
· WOMEN OF HONOR MINISTRY LUNCHEON - Noon-2 p.m. Rolling Hills Community Church, 3550 S.W. Borland Road. Presentation by Susan Foster, author of 'Smart Packing for Today's Traveler,' and guest speaker Rita Valdes. For women 50 and better. $10 at door or call 503-638-5900 .
· ROSEWOOD NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION / COMMUNITY PLANNING ORGANIZATION GENERAL MEETING - 7 p.m. River Grove school library, 5850 McEwan Road.
· OREGON WRITERS CLUB - 6:30-9 p.m. Mountain Park Clubhouse library room, No. 2 Mt. Jefferson Terrace. Meets first and third Thursday. Info and RSVP to Warren Easley, 503-638-7023 or 503-475-4898.
Send news of your event to What's Happening, Review/Tidings, P.O. Box 548, Lake Oswego, OR 97034. Deadline for submissions is noon Friday before the next publication date.