News about area fundraisers and volunteer opportunities
• Grieg Lodge Birthday Brunch, benefit for the Grieg Lodge Scholarship Fund featuring a traditional Norwegian buffet and music, 9:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., Norse Hall, 111 N.E. 11th Ave., Bergen Waterfront Dining Hall, $10 adults, $5 children ages 3 to 12, free under age 3. To order tickets, call 503-236-3401.
• Bloom of Natural Health, benefit for the 13 community clinics operated by National College of Natural Medicine, 5:30 p.m. April 20, Hilton Portland and Executive Tower, 921 S.W. Sixth Ave. Tickets $125 for the general public, $75 students. To order tickets, call 503-552-1514.
• Fundraiser for My Sister's House shelter, includes music, dinner, silent auction, and mask and costume contest, 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. April 20, St. Henry Catholic Church, 346 N.W. First St., Gresham, $40. Call 503-665-1026.
• Barnyard Jamboree and Family-Friendly Auction, benefit for Childswork Learning Center, 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. April 21, Mittleman Jewish Community Center, 6651 S.W. Capitol Highway. Suggested donation is $40 per family ($10 per individual) in advance; $50 per family ($15 per individual) at the door. To register, call 503-234-3611.
• The Chair Affair, 50 chairs by 50 artists on auction, a benefit for the Community Warehouse, 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. April 26, Design Within Reach, 1220 N.W. Everett St. Visit www.communitywarehouse.org/chairaffair.php, or call 503-224-0711.
• The Oregon Museum of Science and Industry will honor its more than 350 volunteers and kick off its largest volunteer recruitment effort during National Volunteer Appreciation Week, April 16-22. OMSI is seeking volunteers who can commit to at least eight shifts during the run of the exhibit Body Worlds 3 with three shift options to choose from. Volunteer benefits include: complimentary admission to museum exhibits, and OMSI attractions; OMSI family memberships and savings on OMSI camps and classes for volunteers who serve at least 50 hours; discounts in the Science Store, OMSI Market Cafe and OMSI Market Express. Call 503-239-7814, or visit www.omsi.edu/bodyworlds3.
• Fill the Bowl, fundraiser for the Bonnie L. Hays Small Animal Shelter (money raised will be donated to DoveLewis), sponsored by Iron Mutt Coffee Co. Donate cash (Iron Mutt will match 50 cents on the dollar up to $250 total), buy raffle tickets or donate a bag of dry dog food, a bundle of five towels (new or gently used), or a flea control package (Frontline or Advantage) and receive a free 16 oz. latte at Iron Mutt Coffee Co. now through April 22. Iron Mutt is at 530 S.W. 205th, No. 100 in Beaverton. Visit www.ironmuttcoffee.com.
Events are free unless noted. See Page A2 for how to notify the Tribune about events. The full Chipping In calendar is at www.portlandtribune.com.