In Good Health
A roundup of events geared toward healthy living
• 'Beginning a New Cycle of Health: Discovering Wellness in Springtime,' acupuncturist discusses recovering health and maintaining optimal wellness, 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., Gresham Library, 385 N.W. Miller Ave. To register, call 503-491-2299.
• 'Common Chemicals: Are Cosmetics and Plastics Safe?,' sponsored by Rachel's Friends Breast Cancer Coalition, 7 p.m., Portland State University, Smith Memorial Union, 1825 S.W. Broadway, Room 338,, $10 suggested admission. Call 503-292-1035, or visit www.rachelsfriends .org.
• The Health Care System is Broken, seminar on rethinking health care, 6 p.m., Oregon Health and Science University's OGI School of Science and Engineering, Wilson Clark Center, 20000 N.W. Walker Road, Beaverton. To register, call 503-748-1219.
• Children's Relief Nursery open house, tour the nursery and meet clients and staff who are working to break the cycle of child abuse through early intervention and family support 4 p.m. to 7 p.m., Children's Relief Nursery, 8425 N. Lombard St. Call 503-595-4512.
• Grandparents and Caregiver Relatives Retreat, featuring massages and stress-relief activities, speakers and door prizes, 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., YWCA East, 600 N.W. Eighth St., Gresham. To register, call 503-988-3620.
• Together, Facing Lung Cancer, joint program coordinated by the OHSU Cancer Institute, Legacy Health System and Providence Cancer Center, sponsored by Genentech, the Lung Cancer Alliance and OSI oncology, 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m., Oregon Convention Center, 777 N.E. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., Portland Ballroom. To register, call 503-335-3500.
• Anxiety, Depression and Panic: Calming the Emotional Roller Coaster, 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., Providence St. Vincent Medical Center, 9205 S.W. Barnes Road. To register, call 503-574-6595.
• Melanoma - the New Epidemic, strategies for prevention and early detection and treatments, 7:30 p.m., OHSU Marquam Hill Campus, 3181 S.W. Sam Jackson Park Road, OHSU Auditorium. To register, call 503-432-2917, or visit www .ohsuhealth.com.
• Caring for Oregon's Children, a community conversation on child abuse and neglect, coordinated by CARES Northwest, 9 a.m. to 11:45 a.m., Legacy Emanuel Children's Hospital, 501 N. Graham St., Atrium. To register, visit www.caresnw.org, or call 503-335-3500.