Pool re-opens with a big splash
There was a feeling of success on Saturday morning, April 14, at the Olin Bignall Aquatic Center for the grand reopening party for the place known to many as the 'town pool.'
The Mt. Hood Swim Team was on hand, swimming the first of two straight hours of its annual swim-a-thon fund-raiser. Members of the Friends of the Sandy Pool welcomed and informed visitors of the progress and future of the aquatic center.
'The annual budget is around $400,000 a year, with that being split between maintenance and operations,' said board member Kimberly Nelson. 'We are also looking for businesses to help fill our inside sponsor banner board.'
The pool is open for lap swims at 5:30 a.m. Monday through Friday, and with new programs being added for summer, Oregon Swim Camp's Bud Taylor is pleased with the outpour and support he has received from volunteers and the community.
For more information about pool hours, rentals or banner advertising, call 503-668-4400. The Olin Y. Bignall Aquatic Center is at 36055 Pleasant St., Sandy.
Olin Y. Bignall Aquatic Center Information
• Punch cards are available for 10 swims for $25 (seniors 65 and older pay $20).
• Punch cards are available for 20 swims for $48 (seniors 65 and older pay $38).
• H2O fitness classes are $4 per swimmer.
• No memberships are being sold at this time.
• Pool rentals are available during non-program times.