A roundup of events geared toward healthy living
• Caring for Oregon's Children, a community conversation on child abuse and neglect, coordinated by CARES Northwest, 9 a.m. to 11:45 a.m., Legacy Emanuel Children's Hospital atrium, 501 N. Graham St. To register, visit www.caresnw.org, or call 503-335-3500.
• 'Collateral Damage: Bad Medicine in Tennessee,' film screening and health care forum organized by the Multnomah County Democrats Health Care Working Group, 7 p.m., AFSCME Building, 6025 E. Burnside St. Call 503-774-4667.
• Women on Wellness, information session on risk assessment and early detection of breast cancer, sponsored by the Oregon Health and Science University Cancer Institute, Susan G. Komen for the Cure and the Hambleton Project, 5 p.m. to 7 p.m., Portland Q Center, 69 S.E. Taylor St. Call 503-553-3677.
• Understanding and Dealing With Cancer-Related Pain, 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m., Providence St. Vincent Medical Center, 9205 S.W. Barnes Road. To register, call 503-574-6595.
• Women's health conference, featuring speakers, discussion groups, vendors and activities, sponsored by the Oregon Health and Science University Center for Women's Health, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. April 28, Oregon Convention Center, 777 N.E. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. Register by Wednesday. All-day admission is $40 and includes classes, lunch and conference materials. To register online, visit www.ohsuwomenshealth.com, or call 503-494-0712.
• Memory education event, presented by the OASIS Education Center, 9:30 a.m. to noon, Legacy Meridian Park Hospital's Community Health Education Center, 19300 S.W. 65th Ave., Tualatin. Tickets $15 in advance, $20 at the door. Call 503-241-3059.
• 'Is There a God Gene?,' featuring geneticist and author Dean Hamer, 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., Legacy Emanuel Hospital, 2801 N. Gantenbein Ave., Lorenzen Auditorium, $15. To register, call 503-335-3500.
• Becoming Smoke-Free, Staying Smoke-Free, two-session class April 30 and May 7, 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., Adventist Health and Medical Center, 10135 S.E. Market St., lower level, Conference Room 2, $30. To register, call 503-256-4000.
Events are free unless noted. The full In Good Health calendar is at www.portlandtribune.com.