The lowdown on events happening in your neighborhood
• International School open house, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., 025 S.W. Sherman St. Visit www.intlschool.org, or call 503-226-2496.
• Transgender Reference Library grand opening, with readings and book signings by authors Aaron Link and Reid Vanderburgh, 7 p.m. to 9 p.m., Q Center, 69 S.E. Taylor St. Visit www.pdxqcenter.org.
• Pet fair, region's largest pet adoption event, 9:30 a.m. to 6 p.m., continues 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday, Portland Expo Center, 2060 N. Marine Drive, Hall E, $7, $6 seniors, $4 children 6 to 14 years old, free children 5 and under. Pets allowed. Visit www.petfairs.com.
• Planting Seeds of Community, Earth Day celebration sponsored by the City Repair Project and Woodlawn Neighborhood Association, 10 a.m. to 10 p.m., Woodlawn Park, Northeast 13th Avenue and Dekum Street. Call 503-235-8946, ext. 3, or visit www.cityrepair.org/wiki.php/projects/earthday.
Perennial Herbs of Forest Park, guided hike with Greg de Nevers sponsored by the Friends of Forest Park, 1 p.m. to 4 p.m., $5, free for Friends of Forest Park members. To register, visit www.friendsofforestpark.org.
• The Columbia Corridor Association's Annual Real Estate Trends and Forecasts, 7:30 a.m. to 9 a.m., Riverside Golf and Country Club, 8105 N.E. 33rd Drive. To register, visit www.columbiacorridor.org, or call 503-287-8686.
• Portland Public Schools board candidate forum, co-sponsored by the League of Women Voters of Portland Education Fund, Community and People for Public Schools, the Portland Schools Foundation and the Portland Council PTA, 7 p.m., Blanchard Education Service Center, 501 N. Dixon St., board room. Visit www.lwvpdx.org, or call 503-228-1675.
• Cully Association of Neighbors Earth Day spring cleanup, bring yard debris, furniture, appliances without cooling units, mattresses, tires, plastics, carpets, rubber, cell phones, computers, clothes, metal and wood, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. April 28, Trinity Lutheran School, 5520 N.E. Killingsworth St. Fees: car $5, van or SUV $15, pickup $20 and up with additional fees for oversize loads or trailers. Tires are $3 on rim and $2 off rim. Computer monitors $10 each. ARC will be on site collecting clothes, linens, bedding and small appliances. Hard plastics will be recycled by Master Recyclers (www.masterrecycler.org). Call 503-252-0749.
Events are free unless noted. See Page A2 of the Portland Tribune to notify us about events.