Third arrest made in Gresham homicide

Gresham's Richard Lee Travelstead Jr. was killed in a trailer April 19
by: , WALKER

Gresham police have arrested a third murder suspect in connection to a fatal shooting at a local trailer park on April 19.

Acting on a tip, the East Metro Gang Enforcement Team arrested Gregory A. Walker Jr., 25, last known address Troutdale, at an apartment complex at Southeast 148th Avenue and Stark Street at about 2 a.m. Saturday, April 28, said Sgt. Teddi Anderson, Gresham police spokeswoman.

He is being held without bail at the Justice Center Jail on one count of murder.

The victim, Richard Lee Travelstead Jr., 24, of Gresham was shot multiple times and killed in a trailer at 515 S.E. Rene Ave. at about 2:15 a.m. Thursday, April 19.

Later that night, police in Everett, Wash., arrested Cheyenne Nathaniel Lee Evans, 27, of Gresham on a murder warrant at about 6 p.m. They also identified Walker as a person of interest.

Two days later, on Saturday, April 21, police arrested Matthew T. Moultrie-Elayer, 21, of Gresham after he was released from a local hospital for a gunshot wound he sustained during the alleged murder.

Evans and Moultrie-Elayer also are behind held at the Justice Center Jail - Evans on a no-bail federal marshal's hold and Moultrie-Elayer on a no-bail murder charge. Evans was extradited Thursday, April 26, according to jail records.

Court documents indicate that Moultrie-Elayer told police that Evans gave him a gun when they arrived at the mobile home. But Moultrie-Elayer accidentally shot himself in the leg and ran to the car.

The victim's roommate reportedly heard a gunshot, looked outside and saw Moultrie-Elayer running off. Evans allegedly forced his way into the trailer, asked for the victim and shot him 'numerous times' when he appeared in the hallway. Travelstead died on the living room floor.

About a month before the fatal shooting, Evans was released from a federal penitentiary after serving a sentence for being a felon in possession of a firearm.

Police are still not disclosing the alleged motive, Anderson said.