The changing easel
- Lake Oswego Review - News
At the end of every month, this space is dedicated to the rich abundance of artists, art shows, galleries and exhibits in our area. Look here for news on upcoming art festivals, local art classes and any local art-related information.
* Art on the Lawn - Rose Farm Museum, 536 Holmes Lane, Oregon City. Rose Farm is an 1847 home. Stroll the grounds of the museum and watch local artists at work. July 16. There is a cost for tours, noon to 4 p.m.
* Attic Gallery - 206 S.W. First Ave., Portland. Featured July artists: Judith Cunningham and Carl Rowe. 503-228-7830; attic-gallery.com.
n Buffalo Grass Society - Mountain Park Recreation Center, #2 Jefferson Terrace, Lake Oswego. Annual show and sale of watermedia paintings with 25 artists. 1 to 5 p.m. July 10.
* Bullseye Gallery - 300 N.W. 13th Ave., Portland. Crossover, through Aug. 20. 503-227-0222.
* Butters Gallery - 520 N.W. Davis St., Portland. Two exhibitions: Full Circle, Ming Fay's sculptural installation, and David Geiser, The Other Side, mixed media drawings. Open reception, 6 to 9 p.m. July 7. Through July 30.
* Elizabeth Leach Gallery - 417 N.W. 9th Ave., Portland. 30th Anniversary exhibition program, fourth installment. Mise-en-Scene group exhibition; Jack Pierson's prints, 'Twilight,' and group of new works by John Beech. Through July 16.
* Gallery Without Walls - Sculpture art in downtown Lake Oswego. Summer tours: Saturdays through Aug. 27 at 11 a.m. - meet across street from Saint Honore; Sunday tour through Aug. 21 at 5 p.m. - meet at Millennium Plaza. Lee Kelly's Angkor 1 sculpture is now on loan at Millennium Plaza Park.
* Lake Oswego Library - 706 4th Street. Watercolor Society of Oregon exhibit: 46th annual Aqueous Media Show, July 1 through 29. 503-534-5665
* Lake Oswego Festival of the Arts special exhibit 'The Language of Sculpture' - The three-day festival, June 24, 25, 26, will feature sculptures by Ben Dye, Jason Johnston, Ken Patton, Alisa Fromway Roe and many others. For more information, visit www.Lakewood-center.org.
* Laura Russo Gallery - 805 N.W. 21st Ave., Portland. J. D. Perkins, Recent Clay Sculpture, and Kenneth Callahan, Work From the Estate, July 7 through 30. Contact 503-226-2754; laurarusso.com.
* McMenamins Edgefield - 2126 S.W. Halsey St, Troutdale. Crackedpots art show. Lake Oswego artists, Heidi Leugers and Denise Weinberg, feature all art made from at least 80 percent recycled materials. 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. July 19 and 20. Details at http://www.-crackedpots-.org.
* Museum of Contemporary Craft - 724 N.W. Davis St. Laurie Herrick, Weaving Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow. Through July 30.
* The Odgepodge Gallery - 16237 Railroad St., Sherwood. Fourth annual 20/40 challenge: area artists participate in this show which requires 20 creations to be done in 40 days. Details at gallery or on Odgepodge at Facebook.com.
* The Oilery - 438 1st St., Lake Oswego. Jennifer Coyne of Galapagos Glassworks, 4 to 7 p.m. June 25. 503-675-6457.
* Oregon Society of Artists - 2185 S.W. Park Place, Portland. Rose Festival Art Show featuring roses, carnival and city scenes through July 8. Group art show: Extreme Sizes July 10 through Aug. 5. Reception, 1 to 4 p.m. July 10. 503-228-0706. www.oregonsocietyofartists.com.
* Oswego Lake Country Club - 20 Iron Mountain Blvd. Oregon Landscapes by watercolor artist Rudolph Stevens, through Aug. 14.
* Portland Art Museum - 1219 S.W. Park, Portland. Ray K. Metzker AutoMagic, through July 31. Lake Oswego artist Kris Preslan's watercolor series 'Cars I'll Never Own,' through Sept. 11.
* Portland Open Studios: Call to Artists - Area artists are invited to join in the annual open studio tour on Oct. 8, 9, 15 and 16. Open to all visual media, artists are chosen by a jury of three professionals. To apply visit http://www.portlandopenstudios.com/.
* Stafford Boutique Retirement Community - 1200 Overlook Dr., Lake Oswego. Local artists Susan Spears and her students show their art July 1 to 27. Reception July 1 from 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. Contact Rita Segura 503-496-3729.
* Trinity Cathedral Arts - Trinity Episcopal Cathedral, 147 N.W. 19th Ave., Portland. In the Garden, an invitational exhibit, featuring six artists' work inspired by flowers and gardenscapes. Opening reception, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. July 7. Through Aug. 28.
* Waterlily Festival and Invitational Art Show - Hughes Water Gardens, 25289 S.W. Stafford Road. Ninth annual show with 30 regional artists featuring art displayed within the garden and in the Garden Art Gallery. July 22 through July 31. Opening reception 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. July 22. Info: (after July 1) www.hugheswatergardens.com
* West Linn Public Library - 1595 Burns St. Artist Marie Pearson during month of July. 503-656-7853.