- Lake Oswego Review - News
THURSDAY, MAY 3
· WELCOME WAGON MEET AND GREET COFFEE - 10:30-11:30 a.m. Held first Thursday of each month. For details, call 503-495-3841 or visit www.NewcomersWelcomeWagon.com.
· NATIONAL DAY OF PRAYER - Noon near the flagpole at Lake Oswego City Hall. All are welcome.
· LAKE FOREST NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION - Board meeting 6 p.m.; general meeting 7 p.m. River Grove Elementary School.
· ANDREW BERNSTEIN READS FROM HIS BOOK - 7 p.m. Associate professor at Lewis and Clark reads from 'Modern Passings: Death Rites, Politics, and Social Change in Imperial Japan,' at Oregon Nikkei Legacy Center, 121 N.W. 2nd Ave., Portland. Free. Call 503-768-7451.
FRIDAY, MAY 4
· JOB FINDERS SUPPORT GROUP - Noon to 2 p.m., Capitol Hwy. Library, 10723 S.W. Capitol Hwy.
· GET A JOB! - 6:30-8:30 p.m. West Linn Public Library, 1595 Burns St. For middle and high schoolers. Meet local business people who can advise you on the ins and outs of getting and keeping a job. Free.
SATURDAY, MAY 5
· LAKE OSWEGO NEIGHBORHOOD ACTION COALITION (LONAC) MONTHLY MEETING - 9:30 a.m. Oswego Heritage House. Visitors and neighborhood representatives welcome.
MONDAY, MAY 7
· LOACC-CLC USERS GROUP (COMPUTER USERS GROUP) - 9:30-11 a.m. Lake Oswego Adult Community Center, 505 G Ave. Library - The Invisible Web, with Todd Feinman.
TUESDAY, MAY 8
· STAFFORD CPO - 7:30 p.m. Stafford Elementary School. Mtg. held second Tuesday of each month.
· INDOOR LABYRINTH WALK - 7:30-9 p.m. West Linn Lutheran Church, 20390 Willamette Drive. Candlelit and meditative labyrinth.
WEDNESDAY, MAY 9
· COMPUTER LAB - 12:30 p.m., Lake Oswego Adult Community Center. Open to all that need additional help.
THURSDAY, MAY 10
· MAC USER GROUP - 12:30 p.m. Lake Oswego Adult Community Center. Second and fourth Thursdays. All are welcome.
· MARYLHURST TOASTMASTERS CLUB - 6:30-7:30 p.m. Shoen Library. All guests welcome. Meets each Thursday.
SATURDAY, MAY 12
· BUSINESS NETWORKING BREAKFAST AND SEMINAR - 8-10 a.m. networking breakfast, 10:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m. seminar and lunch. Marylhurst University, Flavia Hall Salon. 'From Business as Usual to Business as Never Before' features Dr. Thomas Jones, national small business expert. Registration required at 503-534-4059 or visit www.marylhurst.edu/business/semi
Send news of your event to What's Happening, Review/Tidings, P.O. Box 548, Lake Oswego, Ore., 97034. Deadline for submissions is noon Friday before the next publication date.