THURSDAY, AUG. 23
· MARIO'S 3.10 COOL SUMMER PARTY FOR BIG BROTHERS BIG SISTERS COLUMBIA NORTHWEST - 6:30 -8:30 p.m., Mario's Bridgeport, 17031 SW 72nd Ave. Catering by McCormick and Schmick's, fire jugglers and other surprises. Cost: $45/ticket. RSVP: Big Brothers Big Sisters 503-453-5845; www.bbbsnorthwest.org.
· CLACKAMAS COUNTY NETWORKING INFORMATION and REFERRAL MEETING - 7:30 - 9 a.m., Pioneer Community Center, 615 Fifth St., Oregon City. Back to School: Programs and Services to Support Families. Information on school clothes, after school day care, migrant education outreach, mentor/companionship services and other resources to assist families prepare for the school year. Free and open to everyone.
· MARYLHURST TOASTMASTERS CLUB - 6:30-7:30 p.m. Villa Maria. All guests welcome. Meets each Thursday.
· MAC USER GROUP - 12:30 p.m. Lake Oswego Adult Community Center. Second and fourth Thursdays. All are welcome.
SUNDAY, AUG. 26
· SUPPORT GROUP FOR SINGLE PARENTS - 3 - 5:00 p.m. at Oregon Grape Nursery, 65 S. Dollar St., West Linn. Information: 503-875-2274.
MONDAY, AUG. 27
· LOACC-CLC USERS GROUP (COMPUTER USERS GROUP) - 9:30-11 a.m. Lake Oswego Adult Community Center, 505 G Ave. Question and Answers hosted by Marylou Solid.
· EVERGREEN COORDINATING COMMITTEE - 7 p.m. Evergreen Park at 3rd and Evergreen. Information: Chris Brien 503-699-4040.
TUESDAY, AUG. 28
· PFLAG (CLACKAMAS COUNTY PARENTS, FAMILIES AND FRIENDS OF LESBIANS AND GAYS) -No meeting in August. Information: 503-998-1450 or visit www.clackamaspflag.org
· MARYLHURST NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION - 7 p.m. Adult Community Center.
WEDNESDAY, AUG. 29
· PARKER CREST NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION - 7 p.m. West Linn City Hall.
THURSDAY, AUG. 30
· NORTHWEST ASSOCIATION OF BOOK PUBLISHERS (NWABP) - 11 - 1 p.m., Fairfield Inn, 6100 SW Meadows Rd., Lake Oswego. For writers, or writers-to-be, this group of independent publishers meets the last Thurs. of each month.
Send news of your event to What's Happening, Review/Tidings, P.O. Box 548, Lake Oswego, Ore., 97034. Deadline for submissions is noon Friday before the next publication date.