Governors panel is due in Lake Oswego
- Lake Oswego Review - News
The city of Lake Oswego and the 50+ Dialogue Advisory Board will be hosting the Governor's Commission on Senior Services for its monthly meetings Sept. 27 and 28 at the West End Building - 4101 Kruse Way - in Lake Oswego.
The groups will hold a reception on the morning of Sept. 27 for the public to meet the members of the commission.
Commission members plans to use the meetings to assist in the development of recommendations and proposals for the governor, Legislature and other policymakers that will impact older adults in the next 10 years.
The commission will then hold three separate standing committee meetings on Sept. 27 - Caregivers, Elder Abuse and Mental Health - at which local service providers and consumers of services will be meeting with commission members. The public is invited to participate and provide input.
On Sept. 28, the Legislative and Advocacy Committee will meet in the morning with legislators, and the commission will meet from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. From noon to 1 p.m. members of the Lake Oswego 50+ Dialogue Advisory Board will meet with the commission to discuss the 50+ Dialogue initiative. There will be time for public comment at 10:20 a.m.
The agenda includes:
Sept. 27 - Willamette Room
* Elder Abuse Committee, 10 to 11:50 a.m.
* Brown-bag lunch presentation on the Future of Long-Term Care initiative by James Toews and Cathy Cooper, Seniors and People with Disabilities Division. 12:10 to 12:50 p.m. (lunch not provided for guests)
* Caregivers Committee, 1 to 2:50 p.m.;
* Mental Health Committee, 3 to 4:50 p.m.
Sept. 28 - Santiam Room
* Legislative and Advocacy Committee, 8:15 to 9:45 a.m.
* Full commission 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Public comment at 10:20 a.m.
Reasonable accommodations will be provided as needed for individuals requesting assistive hearing devices, sign language interpreters or large-print materials. Individuals needing these types of accommodations should call DHS at 1-800-358-3117 at least 48 hours in advance of the meeting.