To celebrate the upcoming 2007 Fire Prevention Week, the Lake Oswego Fire Department will hold an open house 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday.
It will be at the main fire station, 300 B Ave.
Firefighters and staff will answer questions, give fire engine tours, demonstrate the Fire Education Hazard House and have exhibit tables with information on smoke alarms and other fire safety and prevention materials.
Firefighters say every household should have a fire escape plan. A few steps are:
* Draw a floor plan or a map of your home. Show all doors and windows.
* Mark two ways out of each room.
* Mark all of the smoke alarms with 'SA.' Smoke alarms should be in each sleeping room, outside each sleeping area and on every level of the home.
* Pick a family meeting place outside, where everyone can meet.
* Remember: Practice your escape plan at least twice a year.