Featured Stories

Annual ski swap set for Oct. 13

Lake Oswego's 33rd annual ski and snowboard super swap and sale is slated for Saturday, Oct. 13 at Lake Oswego High School. Doors open at 8 a.m. and close at 1 p.m. Admission is $2 for individuals and $5 for families.

Used ski and snowboard equipment and clothing for consignment should be brought to the old gym at Lake Oswego High School between 4-8 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 12 (no straight skis, please).

This annual sale is one of Portland's largest ski and snowboard swap consignment events. A large variety of consigned 'gently used' items, as well as new equipment and clothing from The US Outdoor Store and Gorge Performance will be available for purchase. Sale items include skis, snowboards, boots, helmets, poles, and clothing for adults and children.

The sale benefits the ski race teams at Lake Oswego and Lakeridge High Schools. The teams also are sponsoring a raffle with prizes donated by Mt. Hood Meadows (10-punch pass); Collins Lake Resort and Mt. Hood Ski Bowl (overnight lodging and lift tickets); Timberline (lift tickets); Mt. Hood Summer Ski Camps (coaching fee for one-week camp); Rack Attack (Thule Gear/Ski Box); Ski Chalet (Marker Helmets) and more! Raffle tickets are $2 each; 3 tickets for $5; and 15 tickets for $20. For raffle information, contact Lori Grady at 636-0747.

Prices on used gear will be established at drop off. The seller will receive 70% of the sale price with the remaining 30% benefiting the race teams. Sellers may also choose to donate their gear to the ski teams. Donation receipts will be available. Unsold items must be picked up between 2-3 p.m. on Saturday, October 13. All remaining items will be donated to charity.

For more information, contact Lydia Loren 503-635-4467