- Lake Oswego Review - News
THURSDAY, OCT. 11
· WELCOME WAGON MONTHLY LUNCHEON - 11 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Held second Thursday each month. Advance reservations required. Information: Noelle, 503-495-3841 or visit www.NewcomersWelcomeWagon.com.
· MAC USER GROUP - 12:30 p.m. Lake Oswego Adult Community Center. Second and fourth Thursdays. All are welcome.
FRIDAY, OCT. 12
· GAME CLUB FOR KIDS WITH ASPERGERS SYNDROME - 6:30 - 10 p.m., West Linn Lutheran Church, 20390 Willamette Dr. Kids with Asperger's and HFA play Nintendo 64, Play Station, Gameboy, Pokemon and board games. Cost: free, but donations appreciated. Parents must supervise children at all times. Contact: 503-656-6026.
· WALLMASTERS TOASTMASTERS - 6:45 a.m., TOC Management Services, 6825 SW Sandburg Rd., Tigard. Contact: Megan 503-550-6572 or www.wallmasters.org.
· JOB FINDERS SUPPORT GROUP - 12 - 2 p.m., Capitol Hill Library, 10723 SW Capitol Highway, Portland. Free and open to the public. Contact: 503-684-3581.
SUNDAY, OCT. 14
· LAKE OSWEGO ADULT COMMUNITY CENTER - NEIGHBORHOOD COTTAGES FOR LAKE OSWEGO - 2 - 3:30 p.m., 505 6th St. Presentation on housing development designed to preserve the history, character and nature of the First Addition neighborhood. Free and open to the public. Light refreshments.
MONDAY, OCT. 15
· LOACC-CLC USERS GROUP (COMPUTER USERS GROUP) - 9:30-11 a.m. Lake Oswego Adult Community Center, 505 G Ave. More MAC - Comparing the MAC and the PC - Paul Sleeper.
· BOLTON NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION MEETING - 7 p.m., Bolton School, West Linn.
TUESDAY, OCT. 16
· HIDDEN SPRINGS NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION MEETING - 7 p.m., West Linn Adult Community Center.
WEDNESDAY, OCT. 17
· PUBLIC FORUM ON LAKE OSWEGO BALLOT MEASURES - 7 p.m., Lakewood Center Theatre, 368 S. State St. Sponsored by the League of Women Voters and Lake Oswego Neighborhood Action Coalition. Representatives to present arguments for and against Measure 3-273 and Measure 3-269. Free and open to the public.
· NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF ACTIVE AND RETIRED FEDERAL EMPLOYEES (NARFE) MEETING - 11:30 a.m. luncheon. Guest speaker, Erica Terman, Director of Resident Wellness at Mary's Woods at Marylhurst, will discuss connection between the arts and aging.
· RIVERGROVE WATER DISTRICT BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS MEETING - 3 p.m., Willamette Primary School Library, West Linn
· LAKE OSWEGO WOMEN'S COALITION OCTOBER MEETING - 11:45 a.m. to 1:15 p.m., Oswego Lake Country Club. Gene Christian, advisor to the Lake Oswego School District Foundation presents: 'The New Age of Philanthropy: How to give and plan your legacy like Bill Gates and Warren Buffet'. Cost, including lunch: $15/members and guests. RSVP by Oct. 16: 503-636-3634.
· FAMILY CAREGIVERS WORKSHOP - 6-8 p.m., Beaverton Hills, 4525 SW 99th Ave., Beaverton. Legal and Financial Aspects: Medicare vs. Medicaid, VA Benefits, Power of Attorney, Living Wills, Probate. Free and open to the public. Contact: 503-999-9627.
· GLENMORRIE NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION MEETING - 7 p.m., 1748 Glenmorrie Terrace.
THURSDAY, OCT. 18
· ROLLING HILLS COMMUNITY CHURCH 'WOMEN OF WORTH' LUNCHEON - 12 to 2 p.m., 2250 SW Borland Rd., Tualatin. For women 50, 60, 70 or better. Rhonda Began, Director of Women's Ministry will present 'Breaking Free.' Cost: $10, tickets can be purchased at the church or at the door. Contact: 503-638-5900.
· LAKEWOOD CENTER ASSOCIATES MONTHLY LUNCHEON - 10 a.m., Lakewood Center, 368 S. State St. Business meeting followed by guest speaker, Sharon Murphy, founder of PAWS an all-volunteer cat shelter. Open to the public. Cost: $8. Reservations necessary. Contact: 503-699-5536.
· LAKE GROVE GARDEN CLUB MEETING - 11 a.m., Oswego Heritage House, 10th and Country Club Dr. Nicole Forbes of 7 Dees Nursery to present 'Great Plant Picks for Fall.' Contact: 503-675-0173.
· PORTLAND GARDEN CLUB MEETING - 10:15 a.m. 1132 SW Vista Ave., Portland. Marty Van Allen, Former Chairman GCA Flowershow Committee will present 'Fall into Flowers.' Free and open to the public.
· ROSEWOOD NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION/COMMUNITY PLANNING ORGANIZATION BOARD MEETING - 7 p.m., River Grove School Library, 5850 McEwan Rd.
Send news of your event to What's Happening, Review/Tidings, P.O. Box 548, Lake Oswego, OR 97034. Deadline for submissions is noon Friday before the next publication date.