- Lake Oswego Review - News
THURSDAY, NOV. 1
· WELCOME WAGON MEET AND GREET - 10:30 to 11:30 a.m., First Thursday of each month. Call for location, 503-495-3841.
· FICTION ALLSORTS: SHORT STORY DISCUSSION GROUP - 10:30 a.m., Lake Oswego Library in upstairs conference room. Librarian selects and reads a short story, followed by discussion. Knitters and other handcrafters encouraged.
· EVERGREEN NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION PLAN OPEN HOUSE - 6 to 8:00 p.m., Lake Oswego Council Chambers
· CLACKAMAS COUNTY NETWORKING AND INFORMATION MEETING - 7:30 - 9:00 a.m., Pioneer Community Center, 615 Fifth St., Oregon City. Update on services, training and placement for people with special needs, English as a second language, American Indians, Alaskan natives and older adults.
FRIDAY, NOV. 2
· WALLMASTERS TOASTMASTERS - 6:45 a.m., TOC Management Services, 6825 SW Sandburg Rd., Tigard. Contact: Megan 503-550-6572 or www.wallmasters.org.
· JOB FINDERS SUPPORT GROUP - 12 - 2:00 p.m., Capitol Hill Library, 10723 SW Capitol Highway, Portland. Free and open to the public. Contact: 503-684-3581.
SATURDAY, NOV. 3
· THREE RIVERS LAND CONSERVANCY RESTORATION WORK PARTY - 9 a.m. to noon, Keller Woodlands off SW Terwilliger Blvd. Tools, gloves, water and snacks provided. Bring rain boots and a friend. Contact: Melanie Truhn, 503-699-9825.
· LAKE OSWEGO NEIGHBORHOOD ACTION COALITION (LONAC) - 9:30 a.m., Oswego Heritage House, 10th and A Ave. Open to the public.
· OPEN HOUSE AT HEALTHY SPACES - Noon to 4 p.m., 1833 Willamette Falls Dr., West Linn. Light Therapy for SAD, infrared sauna and heated Shiatsu Massage. 'Testing the Waters' seminar at 1 p.m.
· LAKE OSWEGO GREEN TEENS IVY PULL AND PIZZA PARTY - 10 a.m. - 12 p.m., Bryant Woods Nature Park. Teens from local high schools, junior highs and private schools to work together to control invasive species and maintain the park. All teens invited. Bring shovels, clippers, gloves. The group will go to Round Table Pizza following the event. Contact: Jacob Shimkus, 503-638-7774.
MONDAY, NOV. 5
· LOSD SCHOOL BOARD - 7 p.m. Lakeridge library. School board will determine the direction the district will take regarding changes to the Lakeridge High School conditional use permit.
· LOACC-CLC USERS GROUP - 9:30 - 11 a.m., Lake Oswego Library. Todd Feinman - The Invisible Web, Part 3.
TUESDAY, NOV. 6
· THE OTHER WORLDS BOOK CLUB - 7 p.m., Lake Oswego Library. Science fiction and fantasy book club. Meets on the first Tuesday of every month. Open to all.
· ROBINWOOD NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION - 7 p.m., Cedar Oak School, West Linn.
WEDNESDAY, NOV. 7
· COURT APPOINTED SPECIAL ADVOCATES (CASA) - 6 - 7 p.m., 1001 SW Molalla Ave, Suite 203, Oregon City. Volunteers are invited to learn to represent abused and neglected children in the juvenile court system.
· FIRST ADDITION NEIGHBORS COORDINATING COMMITTEE MEETING - 7 p.m., Adult Community Center.
· TANNER BASIN NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION MEETING - 7 p.m., West Linn City Hall.
· TALK ABOUT MOVIES GROUP - Noon, Lake Oswego Library. This month's topic: Steven Soderbergh's 'Out of Sight.' Open to all.
· LAKE OSWEGO WOMEN'S COALITION MEETING - 11:45 a.m. to 1:15 p.m., Oswego Lake Country Club. Speaker Katherine Deumling presents: 'S-L-O-W Food: Counteracting Fast Food and the Fast Lifestyle'. Cost: $15 for members and guests. RSVP: Chamber of Commerce 503-636-3634 (Leave a message if it is after hours.)
THURSDAY, NOV. 8
· LEAD TESTING FOR CHILDREN AND PREGNANT MOMS - Noon to 2 p.m., King's Kids Christian School, Our Savior's Lutheran Church, 2000 Country Club Rd., Lake Oswego. Josiah Hill III Clinic will test children 6 and under, and pregnant/nursing moms. Free.
· OLD TOWN NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION BOARD MEETING - 7:30 p.m., for information on meeting location contact Jeannie McGuire, Chair, 503-697-3327.
· WELCOME WAGON LUNCHEON AND SILENT AUCTION - 10:30 a.m. - 2 p.m., Oswego Lake Country Club. Benefit for Friends of the Children, Clackamas Women's Services, Community Transitional School. All are welcome to attend or donate. RSVP by Nov. 4 to Peggy Coker, 503-675-0048, or Jennifer Wilson, 503-922-2974.
· MAC USER GROUP - 12:30 p.m., Lake Oswego Adult Community Center. Second and fourth Thursdays. All are welcome. (Nov. 22 there will be no meeting due to Thanksgiving holiday.)
· TANNER BASIN NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION MEETING -7 p.m., West Linn City Hall.
Send news of your event to What's Happening, Review/Tidings, P.O. Box 548, Lake Oswego, Ore., 97034. Deadline for submissions is noon Friday before the next publication date.