THURSDAY, NOV. 8
· LEAD TESTING FOR CHILDREN AND PREGNANT MOMS - Noon to 2 p.m., King's Kids Christian School, Our Savior's Lutheran Church, 2000 Country Club Rd., Lake Oswego. Josiah Hill III Clinic will test children 6 and under, and pregnant/nursing moms. Free.
· OLD TOWN NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION BOARD MEETING - 7:30 p.m. For information on meeting location contact Jeannie McGuire, Chair, 503-697-3327.
· WELCOME WAGON LUNCHEON AND SILENT AUCTION - 10:30 a.m. - 2 p.m., Oswego Lake Country Club. Benefit for Friends of the Children, Clackamas Women's Services, Community Transitional School. All are welcome to attend or donate.
· MAC USER GROUP - 12:30 p.m., Lake Oswego Adult Community Center. Second and fourth Thursdays. All are welcome. (Nov. 22 there will be no meeting due to Thanksgiving holiday.)
FRIDAY, NOV. 9
· LAKERIDGE HIGH SCHOOL PACER BASEBALL OPEN HOUSE - 6 - 9 p.m., Lakeridge High School cafeteria. Meet the new coach, Colin Griffin, and hear his plans and goals for the team. Open to current baseball families, Junior Baseball families and alumni.
· GAME CLUB FOR KIDS WITH ASPERGER'S SYNDROME - 6:30 - 10 p.m., West Linn Lutheran Church, 20390 Willamette Dr. Monthly video game, board game and trading card party for youth with Asperger's Syndrome or High Functioning Autism (HFA). Parents must supervise children at all times. Contact: Michelle Kuepker at 503-656-6026.
· WALLMASTERS TOASTMASTERS - 6:45 a.m., TOC Management Services, 6825 SW Sandburg Rd., Tigard. Contact: Megan 503-550-6572 or www.wallmasters.org.
· JOB FINDERS SUPPORT GROUP - 12 - 2:00 p.m., Capitol Hill Library, 10723 SW Capitol Highway, Portland. Free and open to the public. Contact: 503-684-3581.
SATURDAY, NOV. 10
· HALLINAN NATURAL AREA IVY PULL - 10 a.m. to 12 p.m., Meet at the Natural Area Park behind Hallinan School. Contact: Alia Johnson at 503-534-5742.
· LAKE OSWEGO BRANCH OF AMERICAN ASSOCIATION OF UNIVERSITY WOMEN - 9:30 a.m., Oswego Heritage House. 'From Kenya to Corvallis'; featured speaker, Julian Mbuthia is a Kenya math teacher now studying at Oregon State University.
MONDAY, NOV. 12
· LOACC-CLC USERS GROUP - Center closed for Veteran's Day.
TUESDAY, NOV. 13
· PALISADES GARDEN CLUB - Meets second Tuesday of the month at 10 a.m. through May. For time and place of the meeting, contact Pat Wagner at 503-636-5338.
· STAFFORD TUALATIN CPO MEETING - 7:30 p.m., Stafford Elementary School. Contact: Sally Visher at 503-638-9894.
· ROBINWOOD NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION MEETING - 7 p.m., Emmanuel Presbyterian Church, West Linn.
· GRUPO DE CHARLAR DE WEST LINN - 6 - 8 p.m., West Linn Public Library. Spanish language practice/discussion group - speakers of all skill levels are encouraged to participate. Native Spanish speakers who would like to practice their English are also encouraged to attend. Every Tuesday evening, drop in.
· UPLANDS NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION - 7 p.m., Lake Oswego Junior High cafeteria. Meeting focus: street intersections, infill and zoning.
· BRYANT NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION ANNUAL MEETING - 7 p.m., Bryant Elementary School library. Presentation by Dave Schwartz from Lake Oswego Corporation regarding sewer inceptor project.
· PROGRAM ON ASSISTIVE TECHNOLOGY FOR THE HEARING IMPAIRED - 2-3:30 p.m., Adult Community Center, 505 'G' Ave., Lake Oswego. Learn about the latest technology for those living with hearing loss. Sponsored by Hearing Loss Association of Clackamas County. Contact: Karen, 503-635-3856.
WEDNESDAY, NOV. 14
· THANKSGIVING INTERFAITH SERVICE - 7 p.m. Emmanuel Presbyterian Church, 19200 Willamette Dr., West Linn. Members of the Emmanuel Presbyterian Church and Beit Haverim - South Metro Jewish Congregation to hold a joint service led by Rabbi Annette Koch and Pastors Paul and Cathy Quackenbush. Attendees are invited to bring an offering of food or money for the Clackamas Service Center.
· WILLAMETTE NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION - 7 p.m., Willamette School, West Linn.
· ROSEMONT SUMMIT NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION - 7 p.m., West Linn City Hall.
· ENVIRONMENTAL ISSUES STUDY GROUP - 6:45 p.m., West Linn Public Library. Group is currently discussing topics related to sustainable living. Open to the public.
· WOMEN ENTREPRENEURS OF OREGON - 5:45 - 8:30 p.m., Embassy Suites, 319 S.W. Pine St., Portland. Nancy Gudekunst to talk on 'Second Generation Women-Owned Business.' Cost: $25 for members/$35 for non-members who register by Nov. 8 at 5 p.m. After the cutoff the price is $35 for members/$50 for non-members.
THURSDAY, NOV. 154
· LAKE GROVE GARDEN CLUB - 11 a.m. Oswego Heritage House, 10th and A Ave. Plants, Pots, and Garden Art featuring Mike Darcy. Contact: Darby Walker at 503-675-0173.
· LAKEWOOD CENTER ASSOCIATES MONTHLY MEETING - 10 a.m., Lakewood Center, 368 State Street. Business meeting followed by Carol Winston and Accessories from the Heart presenting a fashion show for the body and home. Open to the public, reservations necessary 503-620-9092. Cost: $8.
· ROLLING HILLS COMMUNITY CHURCH WOMEN OF WORTH LUNCHEON - 12 to 2 p.m., 3550 SW Borland Rd., Tualatin. All ladies 50, 60, 70 or better are invited. Speaker Faith Carter will discuss Living a Beautiful Life in Abundance. Silent auction. Tickets: $10. Contact Marge Mares at 503-635-5639.
· ROSEWOOD NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION/COMMUNITY PLANNING ORGANIZATION BOARD AND PLAN COMMITTEE - 7 p.m. at River Grove School library, 5850 McEwan Rd.
Send news of your event to What's Happening, Review/Tidings, P.O. Box 548, Lake Oswego, OR 97034. Deadline for submissions is noon Friday before the next publication date.