THURSDAY, NOV. 15
· LAKE GROVE GARDEN CLUB - 11 a.m. Oswego Heritage House, 10th and A Ave. Plants, Pots, and Garden Art featuring Mike Darcy. Contact: Darby Walker at 503-675-0173.
· LAKEWOOD CENTER ASSOCIATES MONTHLY MEETING - 10 a.m., Lakewood Center, 368 State Street. Business meeting followed by Carol Winston and Accessories from the Heart presenting a fashion show for the body and home. Open to the public, reservations necessary 503-620-9092. Cost: $8.
· ROLLING HILLS COMMUNITY CHURCH WOMEN OF WORTH LUNCHEON - 12 to 2 p.m., 3550 S.W. Borland Rd., Tualatin. All ladies 50, 60, 70 or better are invited. Speaker Faith Carter will discuss Living a Beautiful Life in Abundance. Silent auction. Tickets: $10. Contact Marge Mares at 503-635-5639.
· ROSEWOOD NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION/COMMUNITY PLANNING ORGANIZATION BOARD AND PLAN COMMITTEE - 7 p.m. at River Grove School library, 5850 McEwan Rd.
· FICTION ALLSORTS: SHORT STORY DISCUSSION GROUP - 10:30 a.m., Lake Oswego Library in upstairs conference room. Librarian selects and reads a short story, followed by discussion. Knitters and other handcrafters encouraged.
· PORTLAND GARDEN CLUB - 10:15 a.m., 1132 SW Vista Ave., Portland. Dr. Kathryn Kennedy, Executive Director for the Center for Plant Conservation, will speak on 'Rescuing Endangered Plants'.
FRIDAY, NOV. 16
· WALLMASTERS TOASTMASTERS - 6:45 a.m., TOC Management Services, 6825 SW Sandburg Rd., Tigard. Contact: Megan 503-550-6572 or www.wallmasters.org.
· JOB FINDERS SUPPORT GROUP - 12 - 2:00 p.m., Capitol Hill Library, 10723 SW Capitol Highway, Portland. Free and open to the public. Contact: 503-684-3581.
SATURDAY, NOV. 17
· BRITISH TEA, BAKE SALE AND BAZAAR - 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Christ Church, 1060 Chandler Rd., Lake Oswego. Traditional tea with scones, sandwiches and cakes. Fund raiser by the 13 chapters of the Daughters of the British Empire in Oregon; proceeds go to the Western District Home for the Aged, the Oregon Food Bank and other local charities.
· NETTLE CREEK RESTORATION - 9 a.m. to 12 p.m., meet at the corner of Atwater and Andrews Street. Volunteers join to remove invasive plants from the natural area next to Tryon Creek State Park. Contact Alia at 503-534-5742.
SUNDAY, NOV. 18
· IRON MOUNTAIN PARK RESTORATION - 1 to 3 p.m., meet at Brookside street trail entrance. Volunteers join in invasive plant removal and native vegetation restoration. Contact Alia at 503-534-5742.
MONDAY, NOV. 19
· LOACC-CLC USERS GROUP - 9:30 a.m., Lake Oswego Adult Community Center, Holiday Photography Tips by Rebecca Forbes, professional photographer.
· STAFFORD HAMLET COMMUNITY MEETING - 7 p.m., Market of Choice, West Linn, upstairs. Board of Directors meeting at 8 p.m.
· BOLTON NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION - 7 p.m., Bolton School, West Linn. Election of officers and planning for the new year.
TUESDAY, NOV. 20
· GRUPO DE CHARLAR DE WEST LINN - 6 - 8 p.m., West Linn Public Library. Spanish language practice/discussion group - speakers of all skill levels are encouraged to participate. Native Spanish speakers who would like to practice their English are also encouraged to attend. Every Tuesday evening, drop in.
· HIDDEN SPRINGS NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION - 7 p.m., Adult Community Center, West Linn.
THURSDAY, NOV. 22
· LAKE GROVE PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH THIRD ANNUAL THANKSGIVING DINNER - Noon to 2 p.m., 4040 Sunset Dr., Lake Oswego. Traditional turkey dinner with entertainment, games and fellowship. Open to the public. Guests are asked to bring a side dish or an item (non-perishable) for the food pantry. Reservations: 503-636-5656.
· MAC SPECIAL INTEREST USER GROUP - Thanksgiving - no group.
Send news of your event to What's Happening, Review/Tidings, P.O. Box 548, Lake Oswego, OR 97034. Deadline for submissions is noon Friday before the next publication date.