- Lake Oswego Review - News
THURSDAY, DEC. 6
· TANNER BASIN NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION MEETING - 7 p.m., West Linn City Hall.
· SUZANNE ROBERTS - 'COPING IN NEW TERRITORY - THE HANDBOOK FOR CHILDREN OF AGING PARENTS' - 6:30 p.m., Oswego Springs, 11552 S.W. Lesser Rd., Lake Oswego. Author speaks on coping skills that help you care for yourself as you care for your aging parents. Free and open to the public.
· NEWCOMERS WELCOME CLUB MEET AND GREET - 10:30 to 11:30 a.m., first Thursday of each month. Call for location, 503-495-3841.
· PALISADES NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION BOARD MEETING - 7 p.m., Lakeridge High School.
· FICTION ALLSORTS: SHORT STORY DISCUSSION GROUP - 10:30 a.m., Lake Oswego Library. Librarian selects and reads a short story followed by group discussion. Bring your knitting or other handcraft.
FRIDAY, DEC. 7
· WALLMASTERS TOASTMASTERS - 6:45 a.m., TOC Management Services, 6825 SW Sandburg Rd., Tigard. Contact: Megan 503-550-6572 or www.wallmasters.org.
· JOB FINDERS SUPPORT GROUP - 12 - 2:00 p.m., Capitol Hill Library, 10723 SW Capitol Highway, Portland. Free and open to the public. Contact: 503-684-3581.
· PEARL HARBOR 66th ANNIVERSARY COMMEMORATION - 10 to 11:30 a.m., Holy Names Heritage Center, 17425 Holy Names Dr., Lake Oswego. Share your memories of Pearl Harbor and World War II.
SATURDAY, DEC. 8
· LEAGUE OF WOMEN VOTERS CLACKAMAS COUNTY WINTER HOLIDAY BRUNCH - 9:30 a.m. to noon, Clackamas Meeting and Banquet Facility, 15815 SE 82nd Dr., Clackamas. Jann Pittman, Executive Director of Parrott Creek Child and Family Services, will share services they provide for foster children no longer in foster care. Donations accepted. Cost: $12. RSVP to Joan Batten at 503-635-8729.
· STAFFORD HAMLET TOWN HALL MEETING - 10 a.m. at Stafford School. Guest speakers: Metro counselor for Region 2, Carlotta Collette and Jay Minor and Jayne Cronlund from Three Rivers Land Conservancy and the Rosemont Trail Project.
SUNDAY, DEC. 9
· ALPHA GAMMA DELTA'S 14th ANNUAL CHRISTMAS TEA - 1 to 3 p.m., in the home of Addie Young, 9 Becket, Lake Oswego. Proceeds benefit Gales Creek Camp for children with diabetes. Tickets are $10 in advance, $12 at the door. Call Addie Young for reservations 503-635-2588.
· LOACC-CLC USERS GROUP - 9:30 a.m., Lake Oswego Adult Community Center.
TUESDAY, DEC. 11
· GRUPO DE CHARLAR DE WEST LINN - 6 - 8 p.m., West Linn Public Library. Spanish language practice/discussion group - speakers of all skill levels are encouraged to participate. Native Spanish speakers who would like to practice their English are also encouraged to attend. Every Tuesday evening, drop in.
· ROBINWOOD NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION MEETING - 7 p.m., Cedar Oak School, West Linn.
· STAFFORD TUALATIN CPO MEETING - 7:30 p.m., Stafford Elementary School.
· PALISADES GARDEN CLUB - Programs are educational and enjoyable. Call 503-636-5338 for more information.
WEDNESDAY, DEC. 12
· WILLAMETTE NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION MEETING - 7 p.m., Willamette Primary School, West Linn.
· LAKE OSWEGO LIBRARY ADVISORY BOARD MEETING - 7 p.m., Lake Oswego Library.
THURSDAY, DEC. 13
· OLD TOWN NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION BOARD MEETING - 7:30 p.m. For information on meeting location, call Jeannie McGuire at 503-697-3327.
· FRIENDS OF THE TUALATIN RIVER NATIONAL WILDLIFE REFUGE BOARD AND MEMBERSHIP MEETING - 7 to 9 p.m., Wildlife Center, 19255 SW Pacific Hwy., Sherwood.
· WOMEN OF WORTH 'A CUP OF CHRISTMAS TEA' - Ladies 50, 60, 70 or better are invited to the Christmas luncheon from 12 to 2 p.m. at Rolling Hills Community Church, 3350 SW Borland Rd. in Tualatin. Tickets are $10 for information call Marge Mares at 503-635-5639.
· NEWCOMERS WELCOME CLUB MONTHLY LUNCHEON - For information call Noelle McEwen at 503-495-3481.
Send news of your event to What's Happening, Review/Tidings, P.O. Box 548, Lake Oswego, OR 97034. Deadline for submissions is noon Friday before the next publication date.