- Lake Oswego Review - News
THURSDAY, DEC. 20
· LAKEWOOD CENTER ASSOCIATES MONTHLY MEETING - 10 a.m. to noon. Complimentary Christmas brunch for members. Bring a wrapped white elephant gift. A special guest will help distribute them. Reservations with Pat Blossom 503-699-5536.
· FICTION ALLSORTS SHORT STORY DISCUSSION GROUP - 10:30 a.m. at Lake Oswego Library. Librarian selects and reads a short story, and then the group discusses it. Bring your knitting or other handicraft.
FRIDAY, DEC. 21
· WALLMASTERS TOASTMASTERS - 6:45 a.m., TOC Management Services, 6825 S.W. Sandburg Road, Tigard. Contact: Megan 503-550-6572 or www.wallmasters.org.
· WEST LINN COMMUNITY CENTER HOLIDAY LUNCHEON -Noon to 2 p.m. Cost $3 unless you bring a side dish, then it is free.
· JOB FINDERS SUPPORT GROUP - 12 - 2:00 p.m., Capitol Hill Library, 10723 S.W. Capitol Highway, Portland. Free and open to the public. Contact: 503-684-3581.
· LAKE OSWEGO ADULT COMMUNITY CENTER HOLIDAY LUNCHEON - 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the center. Featuring the Hand Bell Ringers of Lake Carillon of Lake Oswego Methodist Church. Reservations required 503-635-3758.
· READWELLS BOOK GROUP - 10:30 a.m. at Lake Oswego Library conference room. Group reads fiction and occasionally biographies. For additional information on the Readwells Book group, contact Kiera Taylor at 503-697-6581.
MONDAY, DEC. 24
· LOACC-CLC USERS GROUP - No user group. Next meeting is Jan 7.
WEDNESDAY, DEC. 26
· MEDICAL TEAMS INTERNATIONAL FREE OPENING OF THE REAL.LIFE EXHIBIT - 2 to 5 p.m. at 14150 S.W. Milton Court, Tigard. Powerful multi-sensory display with life-size dioramas - examines poverty, war and disaster throughout the world. Tour guides will be present, and refreshments are available.
THURSDAY, DEC. 27
· NORTHWEST ASSOCIATION OF BOOK PUBLISHERS - 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Fairfield Inn, 6100 S.W. Meadows Road, Lake Oswego. If you have a book or are thinking about writing one join this group of independent publishers.
Send news of your event to What's Happening, Review/Tidings, P.O. Box 548, Lake Oswego, OR 97034. Deadline for submissions is noon Friday before the next publication date.