Information for the public safety column comes from public records of the West Linn Police Department. Police recently filed reports on the following incidents:
· 12/12, 11:35 a.m.; A juvenile was arrested at West Linn High School for minor in possession of alcohol, possession of a controlled substance (marijuana) and minor in possession of tobacco. He was lodged in the Clackamas County Juvenile Reception Center.
· 12/16, 3:54 p.m.; Korene R. Sullivan, 23, Estacada, arrested on north I-205 at the viewpoint for driving while suspended - misdemeanor. She was lodged in the Clackamas County Jail on $7,500 bail.
· 12/16, 7:55 p.m.; Ryan J. Porter, 19, 3927 Ridgewood Way, arrested in the 5800 block of West A Street for driving while suspended. He was lodged in the Clackamas County Jail on $7,500 bail.
· 12/17, 5:17 p.m.; Timothy A. Dennis, 34, 1745 16th St., No. 17, arrested at home for assault and strangulation. He was lodged in the Clackamas County Jail on $15,000 bail.
· 12/15, 2:11 a.m.; Rafael Garcia, 42, address unavailable: arrested in the Salem area on a West Linn Municipal Court warrant for failure to appear for driving while suspended - misdemeanor. He was lodged in the Marion County Jail on $7,500 bail.
· 12/16, 12:57 a.m.; Orenton Banny Hill Jr., 44, Portland: arrested near Holy Names Drive and Hwy. 43 on a Multnomah County warrant for contempt of court. He was lodged in the Clackamas County Jail on $5,000 bail.
· 12/14, 11:19 p.m.; Alexis M. Johnson, 24, 6324 Shetland Place: arrested near Dillow and Willamette drives on suspicion of driving while intoxicated. She was transported to the Clackamas County Jail where she was cited and released.
· 12/15, 12:57 a.m.; Brian D. Smith, 39, Milwaukie: arrested on northbound I-205 at the viewpoint on suspicion of driving while intoxicated. He was transported to the Clackamas County Jail where he was cited and released.
TICKET BUT NO JAIL
· 12/14, 11:48 p.m.; Christian J. Mueller, 20, Wilsonville, was cited and released in the 2100 block of Eighth Court for minor in possession of alcohol by consumption.
· 12/15, 8:57 p.m.; Corey M. Rogers, 23, 1992 Sixth Ave., was cited and released in the 1100 block of 12th Street for reckless driving.
· 12/16, 9:22 p.m.; Gaspar Barron Cruz, 23, Beaverton, cited and released on southbound I-205 at 10th Street for driving while suspended.
THIEVES IN ACTION
· 12/12, 4:29 p.m.; A resident of the 2600 block of Woodsprite Court reported that a package, containing diet supplements and valued at $50, was confirmed delivered Dec. 4 and is now missing.
· 12/14, 9:41 a.m.; An employee of a business in the 19000 block of Willamette Drive reported the theft of merchandise. While officers were checking the area for a person matching the description, the alleged thief returned to the business to pay the bill.
· 12/15, 7:45 p.m.; A girl at West Linn High School reported the theft of many cell phones and iPods.
An investigation proved that only one iPod and no cell phones might have been stolen, but also could have been lost. A follow-up visit with the girl was planned to determine if it was a loss or a theft.
· 12/16, 12:08 p.m.; A man living in the 21000 block of Miles Drive reported a credit card fraud in the amount of more than $325 that occurred on Dec. 15 at 3:01 p.m.
THEY'RE ALL ANIMALS
· 12/14, 12:04 p.m.; A West Linn resident living near Marylhurst and Upper Midhill drives reported that he had taken a dog into custody and would hold it until an owner was located. But before the officer arrived to identify the dog, the owner arrived and claimed the dog.
· 12/17, 12:12 p.m.; A West Linn resident entered the police department to report possible animal neglect (failure to provide care). An investigation is continuing.
· 12/15, 11:26 p.m.; A woman living in the 2900 block of Hunter Way reported that her house had been egged and a tree TPd. An officer advised the woman of her options, but she decided not to press criminal charges yet.
· 12/18, 11:37 p.m.; A woman living in the 1800 block of Buse Street reported that garbage cans had been overturned overnight and something had been thrown at her. She told police it might be retaliation for something that happened at West Linn High School.
LIFE IN WEST LINN
· 12/12, 8:06 p.m.; A man living in the 1200 block of Dollar Street reported that he had yelled at people at a residence on Britton Street who were making lots of noise with a band. The man said someone from the loud group 'threatened him and cussed at him.' An officer was able to restore peace to the neighborhood.
· 12/13, 7:55 a.m.; At a very inopportune time for a flat tire, a vehicle was reported blocking traffic on the Oregon City bridge. An officer helped the motorist change the tire and move out of the way of morning commute traffic.
· 12/13, 8:15 p.m.; A woman living in the 1600 block of Edgewater Court reported that she was looking through her window at a suspicious man and woman hiding in the bushes and looking into a home, but police were unable to locate the suspicious couple.
· 12/14, 12:06 p.m.; A cash box that was described as 'suspicious' was reported found in a garbage container behind a business in the 1700 block of Willamette Falls Drive.
· 12/15, 1:07 p.m.; A woman living in the 1100 block of Blankenship Road complained to police because she wanted a drink of water and all that came from her faucet was silty brown/yellow in color. One of the city's standby maintenance employees, on duty for the weekend, was advised of the complaint.
· 12/16, 10:52 a.m.; A West Linn man reported finding a wallet with money and identification inside. An officer was able to locate the wallet's owner, and returned it.
· 12/16, 6:19 p.m.; An officer responding to a reported assault between two residents of a home in the 2300 block of Debok Road put out an alert that any more officers who respond to the residence should wear a mask since there is a bad virus contaminating the home.
· 12/16, 6:19 p.m.; An alleged assault between two brothers living in an apartment in the 2100 block of 19th Street included the report of 'domestic things being thrown around.' One of the brothers allegedly had not taken his medicine, and officers were able to restore peace to the household.
· 12/16, 7:31 p.m.; A man with a cell phone notified West Linn police that a driver was 'swerving all over the road' on I-205 near Hwy. 43. An officer was unable to catch the offending vehicle, but notified the Oregon State Patrol.
· 12/17, 2:39 p.m.; A woman complained to police that a man had been following her from the freeway, and then he drove beside her vehicle so he could spit at her and yell 'profanities.' An officer is attempting to contact the driver.
· 12/18, 2:10 p.m.; A woman living in the 1700 block of Buse Street told police that her vehicle was taken last night, but it was returned to the same parking place.
Items inside the vehicle were moved, the woman said, and the keys were found in her house in a different place than where she had left them. Police received a confession from a child in the household who admitted taking the car.